What's new

Treating Dermo Opinions

Kavakaize

kavakaize
After years of drinking almost daily I am pretty sure I am getting dermo on side of my neck, both sides. It feels like sunburn to touch but itches pretty bad.
Wondering what everyone here does for it other then moisturize. Probably going to stop drinking for a while see if that helps.

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
Drinking at least 3 liters of water a day, taking omega 3 supplement and moisturizing has helped me. I haven't stopped drinking kava. My skin is more dry than before kava, but no more dermo.

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
been doing those things for years but thanks
:-/ have you tried the amlactin? I think it does help, I only use it behind my underarms, which is where the dermo first started and seems to be a prime dermo spot for a lot of people. The rest of my body I use an acai berry moisturizer that my company makes.

D

Deleted User01

I could also recommend Cortisone Creme but all these things are not going to cure you. You can either stop drinking or maybe have a few days a week when you stop drinking just to see if that helps any. Yeah, a taper to slowly stop drinking kava and see if it helps. My wish for you is that the dermo would go away as you taper down and not come back for a year (when you taper back up). It would be an interesting experiment @Kavakaize. Let us know what you end up doing.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
The only way to stop dermo skin & associated runny itchy eyes is to stop kava for a week or so. It is caused by what's in your blood so any external applications won't work. I've been using coconut oil for skin for many years but once dermo strikes it only provides relief, not cure. Drinking loads of water always helps stave it off, as does proper seiving and not drinking the settled sludge, but once the dermo has set in there are no easy answers unfortunately, in my own experience. It would be great if there were. Dermo sucks.

Kavakaize

kavakaize
So far 2 miserable days without kava, really miss drinking it.
Not much change, itchiness is what is the worst don't care as much if skin is red or dry.
I am going to eliminate micro and instants for now and stick to trad prep probably try a batch in a couple days.