What's new

I Love Kava Friday Tudei kav....wait no. Three Day WEEKEND!!!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yeah, buddy. If you're in the US you know we're standing on the edge of another one of those rare 3 day weekends.

Independence day is approaching, and my dog's anxiety is slowly ratcheting up with the steady rise of fireworks.

I hope you all have an excellent weekend, kava lovers. I'll be on the couch, soaking up as much of the air conditioning as humanly possible.

Bula/Malok!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Nice! It's a five day weekend for me- of work! You know how restaurants go, Holidays, fourth of July, Memorial Day, Christmas, we're busier than usual and open like a shark's jaws. I'm positive today will be better than yesterday, so I am in a relatively good mood.

What are some of everybody's favorite foods to eat during a summer picnic? Some of mine include cold salads such as potato salad, antipasta, fruit salad made with fresh cut pineapples, bananas, pears, tangerines, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut homemade rosemary honey and cinnamon. For potato salads I like red skin potatoes and the curly pasta, a can of peas, a dozen boiled eggs, half a pound of cooked bacon, salt, pepper, white vinegar, and a little dressing of choice.

Breeze is blowing and sun is shining. Looking at the weather forecast, I am seeing the nights as 43*F (6C) for Sunday, Monday, ect. And the days 68 to 70F (20 or 21C). Tuesday will be the cooler day of the bunch, due to rain possibly beginning Monday night during firework time.

Once you climb the mountains, the rule of thumb is "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it will be worse." One of the best things to do at the sign of rough weather is descend in elevation, to about 2,000" or 600 meters. Flooding occurs at sea level, which is why I said that altitude. At elevations twice higher, the storms have minimal trees to zap with lightning, making hikers the primary target. The wind is less blocked and strong enough to cause white out conditions of fog, snow, and otherwise scary low visibility. I fondly remember about this time of year three years ago, going up the tallest mountain in NYS. About six hours into the hike, I went from warm bodied to nearly hypothermic, a sudden storm came about and sent hail and icy cold rain down my underprepared skin. Having no raincoat, and no shelter, I decided to keep going. I argued with my group, they wanted to turn around, I did not. Shelter was taken where available during a brief yet intense lightning storm. Made it to the top, partly cloudy with wind so strong I had to weigh my wet clothes down with a jug of water so they would not blow away. Puddles formed in rock crevices and waves blew across the puddles. I had socks so nasty, I rinsed them in a puddle. On the way down, it stormed again with lightning, thunder, and rain for hours, in fact it stormed the entire descent. Felt as if I were lost for a bit, crossing rivers which had rose in level from a calm trickle to scary whitecaps bringing down logs.

I'll be enjoying some kava this fine weekend. I discovered a small bag of frozen roots from last week - when I thought I was out of kava and had drank all my rebrews, there was a little left.That will help. I ordered some Squanch today, and it may arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, and I have a little left at home. Usually I am able to make my roots last the time between orders and deliveries, this time however, I lost a good portion of my dry roots upfront to accidental causes. I better run in to town y'all so I can get back in time to go to work! Malok everybody.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Work was very good. Nice storms and rain tonight. Couple hours of storms. Now only residual rain and thunder. I ate a mid-rare burger for dinner with butter and one slab of toast (instead of two). No veggies or onions or toppings other than. Next time I'll ask for salt and pepper during the grilling. Sometimes I like jalepenos, arugula, wasabi mayonaise, raw onions, on toast, for that spicy kick. Sometimes sauteed red peppers and carmelised onions with swiss cheese and mushrooms... Mmm...

Nonetheless, I know it's almost four in the morning. I'm planning to be awake for another hour or so. Letting my belly settle, so that I may have a shell before bed. I will sleep better this way. Playing Solitaire in the meantime!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Sorry I'm late...

I'm on a 4-day weekend myself. I took Tuesday off, but my work is closed for Independence Day. To those Canadians who browse here, I hope Canada Day was a good day!

So far this weekend, I hung out with a bunch of friends yesterday. I'm supposed to have someone meet up for kava but they are not reliable to get a hold of, so I may just be tidying up the house just for the heck of it. I may go get groceries since some places may be closed tomorrow.

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
Nice! It's a five day weekend for me- of work! You know how restaurants go, Holidays, fourth of July, Memorial Day, Christmas, we're busier than usual and open like a shark's jaws. I'm positive today will be better than yesterday, so I am in a relatively good mood.
That's the one baby, I manage 3 cafes under a roastery- I haven't heard of a three day weekend in years!