What's new

Tudei kava

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
It seems that it's easier to find tudei than noble kava these days. If you want to make sure you don't accidently buy some noble kava, look at the list of certified vendors at www.truekava.com and DON'T buy from any of them as they only sell noble kavas. Other vendors either openly or sem-openly sell tudei (e.g. I think that Koniak at Bula Kava House is a proper tudei kava) or sell "noble" kavas that might be heavily spiked with tudei, or other stuff (e.g. Kona Kava). You can also google "Isa" or "Tudei" kava, plenty of vendors sell them.

Out of curiosity, why would you like to purchase tudei kava? Do you like its effects or have any statements, articles about it made you interested in trying it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@deadmanish don't let the word "stronger" fool you about non-noble (Tudei) kava. Although yes, it is stronger in terms of effects, it also has some pretty awful side effects. It can make you violently sick to your stomach and causes some horrendous skin problems. Think cracking and bleeding skin. Although some people drink it very occasionally, we generally suggest against its consumption based on its side effect profile.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
hey where can i buy tudei (two days) kava from?
Hi there. Be careful with the tudeis as some can cause nausea. Another side effect is a sluggish feeling the next day, which may or may not bother you. We sell a Papua New Guinea kava that we call Koniak, that would not typically be considered noble. Some people choose to call it tudei based on the kavalactone profile, and I'm okay with that. We sell it because it doesn't produce any more consistent nausea than any other kava, and the next day effects are minimal, if present at all. This has been proven by thousands of repeat online purchases and folks drinking it at our kava bar in Portland. It's actually one of our two most popular traditional grind kavas. Koniak is also relatively mild with a kavalactone content under 7%.

The truth is that there are some very nice non-noble kavas out there, and with all due respect to @Kapmcrunk, not all of them produce the side effects he described. Other than us, there are a few vendors who sell noble in addition to what may be considered 'tudei', some quite nasty, others probably quite pleasant. If it's nasty stuff, they won't be in business long because nobody will buy it. Another nice one that comes to mind is the Hawaiian Isa (Definitely not wichmanii) Adil from @Paradise Kava sells.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I wouldn't necessarily call KBR's Isa "honestly labeled":

"Our Isa/Tudei kava is considered a specialty kava not only because of it's limited availability, but also it's extremely high DHM content. This makes it very strong in the body arena, especially good for relaxing muscles and relieving physical and mental stress, but not for everyone. Isa/Tudei is speculated to be "piper wichmanii" one of the original wild strains from Papua, New Guinea and Vanuatu. *Not recommended for those new to kava due to extreme potency. Do not take in large doses, effects take about one hour to reach full potential and can last for many hours."

Me thinks their kava knowledge is a bit lacking, lol.
Yeah, obviously that's BS, but what I meant was at least they call their tudei by it's right name.
(Or it's right common name, at least) Obviously tudei is not rare, and not the same as piper wichmanii but a customer buying their Isa would know exactly what they are getting, which is a good thing.

Last edited:

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
To be honest, I've never had kava labelled as "tudei". But I have had two kavas sold as "noble" that probably contained tudei (as per acetone testing) and maybe some other things. In both cases, the experience was horrible. Note, that in both cases I am talking about 2 particular batches of these kavas (EDITED from "kavae" ;) ). One tasted so terrible that I felt like vomiting for many, many hours. The effects did indeed last for 2 days, but that meant that I just felt totally miserable: lethargic, tired, detached. The other one made me feel almost "drunk", I had a terrible stomach upset, diarrhea, headache and couldn't walk straight. The next day I couldn't wake up and was late for work. Never again. This was the last time I risked with kavas that might contain non-noble varieties and/or aerial parts of the plant. Somebody suggested that one of those batches might have contained some pesticides and not tudei kava. Well, I suppose that if one cannot guarantee nobility of his/her products, then he or she is probably unable to guarantee that they will be free of some other nasty stuff. Anyway, my experience is limited and some tudeis may well be "milder", but I just wonder: why risk it when there are so many super-potent noble kavas? It's just my personal opinion.

D

Deleted User01

So I learned something new today, Kavae means more than one kava. As far as the Tudei goes, I can imagine that some people who are looking to get Krunked out of their mind might like Tudei. Or if they are getting off alcohol and trying to mimic the effects of alcohol. But I would certainly hope they have a cast iron stomach. I would also hope they would migrate to Noble once the inititial problem is under control.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Oh wow, I learned something new today. Kavae is not like Lavae, it is not plural. Thanks Henry. :LOL:
According to the wikipedia page on Naga, the language of east Vanuatu (including Pentecost) multiple kavas would be "ira kava".

TIL: Being a wikipedia know it all is easy!