What's new

Kava Botany Update on my john doe kavas.

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

As Chris says these are probably not Moi and I have been bugging him with photos and paranoid emails about problems with my plants and he iss always way to cool. Such a nice guy and a gentleman. I had spider mites . Webz. Oversun, burnt them up with to much fertilizer and sun and water had to repot after grub worms and larve infestation but he says there young and they will grow out of it. And too young to tell but he is almost sure there not moi. Here they are say cheese guys :D

D

Deleted User01

They are doing very, very well Bulabuck. I have to get off my butt and post mine. Somewhere along the way we need to start tipping them or pruning them. This encourages the right kind of growth but we need advice from Farmer Chris before we do anything. I guess you noticed that the Critters like to eat the Kava Plant. No big deal. I went thru some of that. Now they have tons of my other plants to eat so they leave the Kava alone.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi BulaBuck, your plants are doing fine, I think there was a bit of fertilizer burn or even sun burn and of course the spider mites but this is all fairly normal. Tye will grow out of it as they get stronger and tougher, they are still soft and that is why so many critters like them.
Do not tip kava plants, you do not need to do this, when they get about 9 months old you can take cuttings to make more kava plants and I will tell you what to do when the time comes. if you have any leaves that are bug infested or have a lot of damage you can cut them off like the picture below---

By doing this it will allow growth of more leaves and the old leaf will fall off naturally.
In this next picture you wills see that I deal with a lot of the same problems with my young plants---

This in the last picture you will see how it does in fact grow out of it in just about 3-4 more months.---

Keep up the good work, your doing fine, and Deleted User01, you better not tip your plants, wait and you can make more plants and that will encourage more growth, after 2 months of that growth I will tell you what to do so you will get even more growth. Aloha.

Chris

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
:)Woah, WOAH Bulabuck cover those up!!! There might be children browsing these forums and those stalks and leaves are SOOOOO provocative :wideyed::LOL::ROFLMAO::eek::p

Hahaha Vekta you're so right, definitely nsfw.
Eh I didn't know Bulabuck had that kind of skill!? :smuggrin::hilarious::ROFLMAO:

Whatd you think he did to reel in those fine beauties? :love::woot:

A little finesse, maybe some special glacier water a la "evereste" :smuggrin::p
Or possibly a night out on the premium porch "veranda" ? :headphones:
Sometimes giving extra attention to their more how do you say....appreciative faculties...hmmm...hmmmmm?

What say you Vekta or are we all now far too :oops: to admit that Bulabucks hit the big time with those dames? :giggle:Hahahahah:ROFLMAO::hilarious::LOL:.....:whistle:;)

Ok my points childishly been made in jest, but still ya know :smug:......:coffee::censored:.

Seriously Bulabuck great job tending to those lovely twins (you have 2 am I correct?) . They're standing high, tall, pin and proper now as opposed to the previous onslaught of spider mites, how annoying they(spider mites) can be. (y):D

Edit-Haha, should've said this instead^ I have no idea what I was saying with those last few words but yes spider mites are awfully small and can make anyone perturbed. :)

Last edited:

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
:)Woah, WOAH Bulabuck cover those up!!! There might be children browsing these forums and those stalks and leaves are SOOOOO provocative :wideyed::LOL::ROFLMAO::eek::p

Hahaha Vekta you're so right, definitely nsfw.
Eh I didn't know Bulabuck had that kind of skill!? :smuggrin::hilarious::ROFLMAO:

Whatd you think he did to reel in those fine beauties? :love::woot:

A little finesse, maybe some special glacier water a la "evereste" :smuggrin::p
Or possibly a night out on the premium porch "veranda" ? :headphones:
Sometimes giving extra attention to their more how do you say....appreciative faculties...hmmm...hmmmmm?

What say you Vekta or are we all now far too :oops: to admit that Bulabucks hit the big time with those dames? :giggle:Hahahahah:ROFLMAO::hilarious::LOL:.....:whistle:;)

Ok my points childishly been made in jest, but still ya know :smug:......:coffee::censored:.

Seriously Bulabuck great job tending to those lovely twins (you have 2 am I correct?) . They're standing high, tall, pin and proper now as opposed to the previous onslaught of spider mites, how annoying they(spider mites) can be. (y):D

Edit-Haha, should've said this instead^ I have no idea what I was saying with those last few words but yes spider mites are awfully small and can make anyone perturbed. :)
Yes 2