What's new

Upset stomach and nausea remedies datasheet.

What upset stomach and nausea remedies do you find effective?

• Ginger

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Soda

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Isotonic sports drink

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Peppermint

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Deep breathing

• Bland foods

• Fennel

• Cloves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aromatherapy (mostly lemon)

• Medications

• Getting more air

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Water

• Chamomile tea

• Sucking on frozen lemon

• Sweet beverages

• Other (please comment)

• Get horizontal

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecorino

Kava Curious
In the poll, there's some remedies I found. Anybody suffering from nausea and generally upset stomach, let's try to create a list of effective remedies for kava-induced issues. Please vote for remedies you've found effective, or comment unlisted ones so I can add those. Multiple answers allowed, votes anonymous.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
In the poll, there's some remedies I found. Anybody suffering from nausea and generally upset stomach, let's try to create a list of effective remedies for kava-induced issues. Please vote for remedies you've found effective, or comment unlisted ones so I can add those. Multiple answers allowed, votes anonymous.
Presumably you are asking in reference to kava?
If so, for me ginger is the best, I like tradicional Jamaican ginger sodas (though many have a high sugar content). My favorite ginger beverage is taking fresh ginger, peeling, slicing into thin strips and boiling it in water over medium/high heat. I then add fresh lemon juice and a touch of organic honey to sweeten it.

It's also an excellent way to get over a cold faster. For this purpose, my Grandmother taught me to add garlic to the ginger, while it's boiling, it sounds gross but it really does wonders. inhaling the vapors in your favorite mug while waiting for it to cool down is another excellent way to loosen mucus.

I suppose that qualifies it as Aromatherapy as well.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've had some success with ginger powder and fennel in the form of ginger/fennel tea. Nothing's been a perfect remedy and I've definitely had nausea and stomach discomfort despite my best attempts to curb it.

I think a hot beverage or hot soup broth can help sometimes, as can a distraction like going for a walk or having a chat. I also think my post kava meal helps alleviate the bloat/nausea too. (as long as you keep the portion small enough)

The only one I use almost every day is ginger...I should experiment with the carminative tea's again though, I think I remember them doing something.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
One thing I used to do back when I went a little heavier on the root was any time I found myself experiencing nausea I would visit the couch to get horizontal for 20-30 minutes. Usually after that the nausea had dissipated.

Pecorino

Kava Curious
So far ginger is number one. To those who often experience stomach issues during kava sessions, I encourage you to try some of the methods from the poll and share the results. Unless, of course, it's an emergency. Then get that ginger ASAP.

I added @Kapmcrunk's "lie down" method to the poll, since I also saw it on the list of standard remedies and it's not related to other methods.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I checked "ginger" and "soda", because those are things I have tried and they are soothing and pleasant, but tbh I'm not sure if they really remedy an upset stomach faster than it would resolve itself.
I also marked lie down and other, "other" being "time" or just waiting as the only two things I know that are definitely helpful.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Fresh air works best for me once I have nausea, but of course it's best to avoid nausea in the first place with the use of a good chaser. For this, almost anything strongly flavoured will do. Ginger candy, chinese preserved friuts, slices of fresh fruit, or salty crisps work great for this purpose.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I am a big fan of ginger beer (Fever Tree being my favorite - also of note ginger beer is not alcoholic) with lots of real ginger. I have also made my own ginger ale by grinding fresh ginger into tonic/carbonated water. It also happens to be very refreshing on a hot summer day..

Status
Not open for further replies.