What's new

Kava Preparation Using a juicer to filter your kava

Marty-G

Kava Curious
So I make my kava in bulk, about 10-15 cups at one time. And while I enjoy kava itself, the traditional method of preparing can be tedious and time consuming.

Tonight I just wasn't in the mood to go through the whole process.

So this idea hit me: What if a blend my kava in a blender & run the resulting liquid through my juicer? To my surprise this actually worked, I cut about 30 minutes off preparing my kava.

I do need to point out that you want to add small amounts of liquid at a time to the juicer & it's best to run the liquid through the juicer several times to minimize sediment.

I ran the resulting liquid through the spinning metal filter around 3 times & then thru some cheesecloth

No mashing or squeezing a filter bag necessary

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I make my kava in bulk, about 10-15 cups at one time. And while I enjoy kava itself, the traditional method of preparing can be tedious and time consuming.

Tonight I just wasn't in the mood to go through the whole process.

So this idea hit me: What if a blend my kava in a blender & run the resulting liquid through my juicer? To my surprise this actually worked, I cut about 30 minutes off preparing my kava.

I do need to point out that you want to add small amounts of liquid at a time to the juicer & it's best to run the liquid through the juicer several times to minimize sediment.

I ran the resulting liquid through the spinning metal filter around 3 times & then thru some cheesecloth

No mashing or squeezing a filter bag necessary
Fantastic. Always excellent to see others come up with new and innovative ways to brew up a batch.

Marty-G

Kava Curious
Fantastic. Always excellent to see others come up with new and innovative ways to brew up a batch.
The brewing/mixing process itself isn't so bad, well if using a blender that is, it's the tedious filtering & straining that is time-consuming.

yankie_073

Hi and thank you for sharing! I'm wondering, would the cold press juicer be suitable for that? Upd. I meant exactly this model, thank you for the answers.
Thank you

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Hi and thank you for sharing! I'm wondering, would the cold press juicer be suitable for that?
Thank you
Hopefully, someone will know what a cold press juicer is and how it works.
Based on what it is called I'd bet it would work with fresh kava root and chipped stump.
Dry, I do not know.