What's new

Powdered Kava Review V3 Premium kava

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
Hello fellow kava drinkers!

I want to introduce myself to the forums.. I have been drinking kava for nearly 2 years to help with my anxiety/depression and haven't been a member of either forums (old or new) until now. So here is my first post and review on kavabyrex Vanuatu3 Limited Edition :)

First off - I want to say that the anticipation for this kava is really disappointing. USPS was supposed to deliver my package on the 24th and it showed up on the 27th, that seems to be the track record lately with this carrier. I am also highly disappointed in this kava, it arrived in the mail and it looked like white dust in a bag, it didn't even smell like kava. You know when you open a bag of kava and get a big whiff and vocally say "WOOOOH!" This didn't give that effect what-so-ever... it was more of a "is this even kava or powdered drywall in a bag?"

I am not here to complain or cry about the kava I just spent $30.00 on plus shipping, I just want to let everyone know that if your going to buy kava, I would highly recommend purchasing elsewhere. This kava is just really weak, it's effects at higher doses does feel pretty darn good, it's just that it takes SO much to even get a kava buzz. I never in my life have drank 5 shells to be where I am at right now, it normally takes 2 tops with a more potent, high kavain kava like Nambawan or Solomon Islands. I have a lot of respect for Rex and what he does, and his prompt responses to emails, but this kava is definitely overpriced for the quality. I just received it last night and I'm nearly half way through the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
My experience was the same as yours. When I first came on this forum Van3 was legendary so I really was excited when it came back in stock, but it wasn't the same stuff. Rex has other good kavas, I enjoyed his Fijian quite a bit, but not this one.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've got a closet full of Van3 that is just overpriced drywall powder. I would say it's as close to completely inactive as you could possibly get...if you don't take placebo in effect. His tongan, and fijian kavas are excellent, but the van3.....well it sucks.

Edit: and also moved thread to Kava By Rex Product reviews.

Last edited:

Ozzyfan121

Pretentious, Wannabe Philosopher
It's been like this for awhile now. It used to be fantastic, but it is honestly now less effective than those worthless Gaia capsules. I'm not sure why he doesn't drop it from his product lineup and focus on his better varieties, considering a number of people have lost faith in him as a vendor after their experiences with it. I talked to someone who gave up on kava before they really even got into it after trying it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well the van3 went from the gold standard to a kava that's more akin to baking powder. I would never tell someone to not buy Rex's kava, but I would strongly advise them against the van3. The Fiji is as good as stone from N@H, but too finely ground for me. If he kicked the grind size up it would be my daily kava.

Last edited:

Ozzyfan121

Pretentious, Wannabe Philosopher
^ Second that

Rex is getting trashed on these forums lately
Yeah, he is. At first I felt bad, but I've come to the conclusion that we as his customers owe him the respect of being honest so he can improve what needs to be improved. Like Kapm said, his other varieties are solid.