What's new

Instant Kava Review Vanuato Instant - Lateral Root

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
This also has the sweet cream smell like the other kava samples from Kava King so far. The lateral root offering is noticeably darker in coloration (no suprise). It also has this fresh baked pastry or bread smell to it. (that's what it reminds me of anyways) It's interesting. I find it quite nice. It's a little bit more bitter but for the most part it has an easy to drink clay and wheat taste. Very light, very approachable.

The effects are great. Comes on gently but quickly. Builds to a nice intensity and is a nice balanced state of relaxation. This kava has everything I need a kava to have in order to become a standard issue kava I'd order as my main kava. It's not quite a 5 star but it's close. So far this is my favorite. This kava is close to touching my kava ideal but lacks that “special something” to bump it over the edge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
@Kavaking
It's great getting to sample all kinds of kava products. I don't think there is anyone on the forum that wouldn't like getting kava goodies in the mail.

I do like doing kava reviews and I take the privilege seriously. Since there were so many nice things in the package I got, I will be having other people I know also give your products a try with the stipulation they also review them and post it on the forums.

The person I have in mind has been interested in trying kava for quite some time but doesn't quite know where to start. From what I have seen of your products so far I think kava king will be a good start for her.

Last edited:

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I loved it too, @Vekta, though I can't post a separate review since I drank it at the tail end of a session. Stupidly. I'd love to give it another go from an empty stomach.

I found it to be incredibly potent. I preferred it to the instant mixes. It wasn't harsh, but it was bitter. You mentioned cream and fresh bread. I thought of cream and toasted sesame seeds.

I have an unsubstantiated theory that their micronizing process "toasts" the kava lightly because it's high temp (thus their need to flood with nitrogen to prevent fire). I *like* what it adds to the flavor.