What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vanuatu Select

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
For me this is a nicely balanced kava, leaning more towards heavy with a touch of heady. It doesn't make me jittery at all, so for me and my anxiety that's a good thing. I need the heavies to slow me down a little.

Potency is strong but not overwhelming and I can get by with just a ratio of 2tbsps to 8 oz of water. That's all I need for the session to get me into a good place. Very relaxing, mildly muscle melting and calming for my monkey mind. I was able to deal with some important paper work and resolve a problem that had arisen without getting anxious and impatient. All was right with the world. I think that if I'd had more than my 2tbsps worth, I may have found the couch a better place to be than my office. I'll try a few more shells, or maybe a 3tbsps mix when I really want to veg out for a while! Which reminds me - got to put in another order because this half pound is not going to last long!

I never time how long the effects last, but on my last two sessions I've had my shells between 3 and 5 pm. Eaten at around 7:30pm and effects lasted well into the evening, and I felt calm with none of my normal morning cortisol rush the next day.

Very pleasant taste - and I like the taste of most kavas. This is not off-putting or overly bitter. Creamy colored kava mixes up beautifully in the Aluball - next weekend I'm going to prepare the root the traditional way. It's my birthday on Sunday, so Saturday is my only day to drink kava at the weekend (will be wine on Sunday!), so looking forward to a traditional prep.

Great job @Paulie-Paul - you sure know how to pick 'em!