What's new

Vendor Concerns

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Those ratings are conservative, to avoid any potential sickness or bad reactions.

Like most of us I've had plenty of kava from low-rated vendors. I used to love Noble Kava/Vanuatu Kava Store until they stopped selling kava Tanna and had stuff spiked with tudei. Even their medicinal marangmarang was good stuff.

The guys who get A ratings seem to be the ones who never compromise. KWK had some Tongan that was too low in KL% a few months ago. Not harmful, but not strong either. He never solid it publicly. @KrunkieMcKrunkface had some and said it was weak but fine.

GHK's ill-fated Vanuatu kava was from a new supplier. Small samples tested good, but when the big shipment came in, it was all spiked with Tudei. Chris took a loss on that stuff and did't try to pass off rubbish kava.

Those are some of the hallmarks of high quality vendors.

But as they say, "C's get degrees". I'm quite happy to sample kava from other vendors. Some other kava customers may not want to take that risk.

Ranking vendors and kava has always been controversial. Back in the day @Deleted User used to have tons of test results here on KavaForums. It must have pissed some people off, 'cause those results are long gone. (Besides, they'd be outdated by now anyway.)
I was wondering what happened to those Vanuatu specimens Chris spoke about but never released. Now I know. If that is indeed what happened that's really kickass of Chris!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I was wondering what happened to those Vanuatu specimens Chris spoke about but never released. Now I know. If that is indeed what happened that's really kickass of Chris!
Yes, that is, unfortunately what happened. I just do not want to sell kava that I would not drink, and I would not drink that stuff at all.
I drink the same kava I sell and if I don't drink it, I will not sell it. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Yes, that is, unfortunately what happened. I just do not want to sell kava that I would not drink, and I would not drink that stuff at all.
I drink the same kava I sell and if I don't drink it, I will not sell it. Aloha nui loa.

Chris
OK. Telling the truth will give you more credibility than just making things up. You advertised this as an upcoming product. You boasted about how good it was, even stated you were "binge" drinking it. If it weren't for a totally unrelated thread where someone else pointed it out leaned tudei, it would be in your product lineup. Honestly, I think it would have been a fine kava since you obviously didn't have bad effects and I'm assuming you would know tudei effects. Either way, can't just delete old comments and pretend it never happened.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
OK. Telling the truth will give you more credibility than just making things up. You advertised this as an upcoming product. You boasted about how good it was, even stated you were "binge" drinking it. If it weren't for a totally unrelated thread where someone else pointed it out leaned tudei, it would be in your product lineup. Honestly, I think it would have been a fine kava since you obviously didn't have bad effects and I'm assuming you would know tudei effects. Either way, can't just delete old comments and pretend it never happened.
It is clear that you have things "wrong" I got some samples in, with COA's and it was great. I loved the kava and was drinking it a lot. When the actual order came in, there was a night and day difference. I had it tested and it was not the same kava I got samples of. It was not good and I would not drink it and I would not sell it. Plain and simple!
Thank you.

Chris

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
It is clear that you have things "wrong" I got some samples in, with COA's and it was great. I loved the kava and was drinking it a lot. When the actual order came in, there was a night and day difference. I had it tested and it was not the same kava I got samples of. It was not good and I would not drink it and I would not sell it. Plain and simple!
Thank you.

Chris
Alright, so the original post with the COA was deleted, so I can't refer to that but in another thread, it was pointed out that the wavelength reading on the Borogu sample COA showed a value of .96nm (which would be considered tudei by Lebot standards but noble by Vanuatu BioSecurity standards).

Peter was getting his kava from kline kava, I am not sure if he is still doing that or not but the answer is no I do not get my kava from him or John at kline. This new company that I (WAS) going to get my kava from has sent out emails offering there product to many other kava vendors and after talking with Dr Lebot and other experts about the tests that I got, I have decided that this kava is NOT noble enough for me (GHK) so I will not be getting that kava. As you pointed out the numbers are different and I like the numbers to be more noble.
Clearly you stated that the reason you decided not to sell the kava was because the numbers were off. As you said, you wanted the numbers to be more noble and needed to consult with Lebot regarding the results, not that it had tudei effects, made you sick, etc.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
There were several different reasons that I did not want to sell that batch of bad kava. The main one was just as I said. The one you quoted was also a reason. But the fact remains that I did not want to drink it, I did not like it, it was not Noble so, I will not sell it.
It is obvious where you got your kava education. I guess your one of those that thinks I am a miracle worker and can make Vanuatu kava taste like Hawaiian kava. Your looking for problems where there is none, your making something out of nothing.

Chris
It would be great if you could highlight who the exporter was that sent you tudei so that other vendors dont make the same mistake. Im pretty sure other smaller vendors wont be able to absorb such losses. We should not give business to such exporters who have bad business practices.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
There were several different reasons that I did not want to sell that batch of bad kava. The main one was just as I said. The one you quoted was also a reason. But the fact remains that I did not want to drink it, I did not like it, it was not Noble so, I will not sell it.
It is obvious where you got your kava education. I guess your one of those that thinks I am a miracle worker and can make Vanuatu kava taste like Hawaiian kava. Your looking for problems where there is none, your making something out of nothing.

Chris
It's just inconsistent since the COA posted initially, when you enjoyed it, was in the tudei spectrum and now you've changed the story and the facts after deleting the original thread.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
It's just inconsistent since the COA posted initially, when you enjoyed it, was in the tudei spectrum and now you've changed the story and the facts after deleting the original thread.
You still do not have all the facts, you do not know the time line from when I got the samples or tests done. Your still looking for problems and looking to cause trouble. You, Bula Kava House and Kavasseur , search the web with a microscope so you can find things to twist and make it seem like something it is not. It is really too bad. I suggest that you refrain from making accusations with out all of the facts. Your beginning to sound just like Kavasseur. He is so full of the wrong information and facts it is just unbelievable. I will stop there just because I can go on and on.

Chris

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You still do not have all the facts, you do not know the time line from when I got the samples or tests done. Your still looking for problems and looking to cause trouble. You, Bula Kava House and Kavasseur , search the web with a microscope so you can find things to twist and make it seem like something it is not. It is really too bad. I suggest that you refrain from making accusations with out all of the facts. Your beginning to sound just like Kavasseur. He is so full of the wrong information and facts it is just unbelievable. I will stop there just because I can go on and on.

Chris
The way I see it, you received samples that drank well. So you got excited and placed a "real" order. Being the good vendor you are, you tested the final delivery (because duh)... And found a bait and switch. Rather than try to pass shit kava onto us, you ate the cost of the shipment and disposed of the shit.

Note, anybody who knows kava in the western world knows that there is always a chance you receive something different from what you sampled (and what you based your final order on). Kavatime mentioned it'd be nice to know the distributor/exporter who shafted Chris. That would avoid anybody else making the same mistake

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!

Chris
Vendors get questioned all the time, especially when they make statements that may not be true or improperly market products. I'm not sure why you're grouping me in with someone else for pointing out statements that you made on this forum. At the end of March, you made it clear it was about the numbers. This was after someone else on the forum pointed out that the product was not noble by all standards. Rather than announcing what happened in your vendor thread, you deleted it, like you have others when you changed your story. If you drank an exceptionally strong batch of tudei, you wouldn't have needed to consult Lebot and other experts to tell you it would be a bad idea to sell it.

There are no other vendor that participates on this forum that has been engaging in shady business practices and involved with as many scandals as you. Most of the time people choose to look the other way while we have numerous threads investigating the activities of other vendors. Suspicions about the AKA/ROH, Nakamal at Home, etc get an enormous amount of scrutiny, there's no reason you should be immune. A few months back you were advertising 20% KL products with no evidence to back up the claim. A few years ago mahakea was listed at over 20%. There is a pattern and IMO we should not be supporting vendors that make outrageous claims, rarely test products for safety, etc.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner

Chris
Whoa man, don't bring me into your ranting defense. I don't have to do much microscopic searching to find inconsistencies in your statements. I'm just not easily swayed by BS.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Vendors get questioned all the time, especially when they make statements that may not be true or improperly market products. I'm not sure why you're grouping me in with someone else for pointing out statements that you made on this forum. At the end of March, you made it clear it was about the numbers. This was after someone else on the forum pointed out that the product was not noble by all standards. Rather than announcing what happened in your vendor thread, you deleted it, like you have others when you changed your story. If you drank an exceptionally strong batch of tudei, you wouldn't have needed to consult Lebot and other experts to tell you it would be a bad idea to sell it.

There are no other vendor that participates on this forum that has been engaging in shady business practices and involved with as many scandals as you. Most of the time people choose to look the other way while we have numerous threads investigating the activities of other vendors. Suspicions about the AKA/ROH, Nakamal at Home, etc get an enormous amount of scrutiny, there's no reason you should be immune. A few months back you were advertising 20% KL products with no evidence to back up the claim. A few years ago mahakea was listed at over 20%. There is a pattern and IMO we should not be supporting vendors that make outrageous claims, rarely test products for safety, etc.
It is no use talking to you, it is a waste of my time. Your mind is made up, just like Kavasseur and Bula Kava House.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
It is no use talking to you, it is a waste of my time. Your mind is made up, just like Kavasseur and Bula Kava House.
Stop bringing me into your argument, please. And the truth is that the list of people that recognize your inconsistencies is much longer than the three people you mentioned. Don't make me out to be some fringe conspiracy theorist. I could list the "WTF" statements if you like.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Stop bringing me into your argument. And the truth is that the list of people that recognize your inconsistencies is much longer than the three people you mentioned. Don't make me out to be some fringe conspiracy theorist. I could list the "WTF" statements if you like.
But you are. Why should I leave you alone when you will not leave me alone? :sneaky:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Their minds may be made up, but other members may still have legitimate concerns about these topics and are very patiently waiting for you to address them, not having made any judgments.

No need to get nasty at all from anyone. This is your chance to tell your side of the issues. You have to remember that the public has seen only one side.

I know they piss you off Chris, but do it for your fans and people who recommend your products based on quality of the products themselves and the quality of the owner. Help us understand.