What's new

Vendors with the best/most stringent testing?

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all - I was wondering if there’s any sort of list of vendors who are known for having the strictest standards for quality and who adhere to the most stringent testing methods for their kava?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi all - I was wondering if there’s any sort of list of vendors who are known for having the strictest standards for quality and who adhere to the most stringent testing methods for their kava?
Vendors and farmers have invested countless hours not to mention the financial burden of everything from growing kava, sourcing, testing, giving back to the farmers, I could go on and on.. and finally to your doorstep.

There are some outstanding vendors, like GHK and Pu'u O Hoku Ranch, that grow their own kava, which gives them full control from start to finish.

Vendor Price Spreadsheet

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah i would say you can't go wrong with ghk. Does kalm with kava even test their stuff anymore? I notice the truekava label is gone. They definitely source noble kava in general, but i don't know if they test every shipment.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Now that kava becomes more mainstream i belive their will be a demand for independent test. And also tracebility.

Now we just read posts that some vendor had a strong or weak batch recently.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Now we just read posts that some vendor had a strong or weak batch recently.
I think we regular drinkers, use that term loosely based on our previous experiences on these kavas overtime.

That's why leaving reviews is so important. It helps everyone else make an informed decision.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yeah i would say you can't go wrong with ghk. Does kalm with kava even test their stuff anymore? I notice the truekava label is gone. They definitely source noble kava in general, but i don't know if they test every shipment.
They test. I'm actually in conversations now with the testing lab they use. Sorta trying to get together a group pricing rate for vendors that may be interested. I want to be able to offer any new vendor looking for testing resources a path forward without too much complication.

Truekava is no longer in operation.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
They test. I'm actually in conversations now with the testing lab they use. Sorta trying to get together a group pricing rate for vendors that may be interested. I want to be able to offer any new vendor looking for testing resources a path forward without too much complication.

Truekava is no longer in operation.
That sounds like a great idea.

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you. Which ghk would you recommend to try for a newbie?

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Vendors and farmers have invested countless hours not to mention the financial burden of everything from growing kava, sourcing, testing, giving back to the farmers, I could go on and on.. and finally to your doorstep.

There are some outstanding vendors, like GHK and Pu'u O Hoku Ranch, that grow their own kava, which gives them full control from start to finish.

Vendor Price Spreadsheet
Thanks! Do you have a ghk that you’d recommend?