What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vula Waka Fiji Kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've had the micro of this one in stock for a while but I didn't want to review it until I'd tried the med grind. This is a super relaxing kava with a nice smooth muscle melt. It hits pretty quickly in the mind albeit not a euphoric rush and the body effects build slowly after each shell leaving you feeling nice.

I triple aluballed about 4.5 tbsps starting with 1.5 tbsp in one ball/shell and adding a ball before shaking each shell. I like doing it this way as it double and triple washes the original root and gives good strong shells from a relatively small amount of kava.

Now, I don't always get on with Fijian kavas. I've worked out it's heady kava in general that I'm not so good with and all of the Fijian kava I like (and that likes me) is heavy and has a very distinctive, almost chocolatey smell and taste to it. This one is quite bitter but I think that's the strength showing through. It's not quite as strong as 11 yr waka but stronger than another heavy Fijian, Koro Island, that I got from GKE when they sold it.

I drank 3 shells spread over a couple of hours and they were pretty strong shells so I'm feeling nice right now. I feel relaxed in my mind and body and although I can't feel major sedation at the moment I have a feeling I'm going to sleep really well.

I would say this is a nice kava for early to late evening and it's nice to have something different from my usual kavas. Overall I would definitely recommend trying it if heavy kavas are your thing.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Last time I tried Vula - I did not have a good experience. I felt a surprising amount of anger and maybe even a bit of depression. Sold my Vula. But I kept reading these awesome reviews and decided it was maybe the worst night to try a new kava - New Years Eve and I was by myself, so I think i was just naturally angry and depressed at my situation! So anyway, bought some more Vula and tried it today - WOW! This is awesome so far. Had maybe 4 tbsps worth with a couple of washes, spread out since after lunch and I'm now getting ready for dinner. It feels just so balanced to me and at the moment not sedating at all - just a nice mellow relaxation. Trouble is I was supposed to be writing a script today (hotel video) and I'm just not feeling it! Can't get the creative juices flowing - like its too much trouble to think. Better not have Vula tomorrow! Anyway, it's good. I like it and will likely order some micro to take with me to England in August!

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I bought your vula and ended up buying 1 or 2 more and it's one of my daily kavas.

Last time I tried Vula - I did not have a good experience. I felt a surprising amount of anger and maybe even a bit of depression. Sold my Vula. But I kept reading these awesome reviews and decided it was maybe the worst night to try a new kava - New Years Eve and I was by myself, so I think i was just naturally angry and depressed at my situation! So anyway, bought some more Vula and tried it today - WOW! This is awesome so far. Had maybe 4 tbsps worth with a couple of washes, spread out since after lunch and I'm now getting ready for dinner. It feels just so balanced to me and at the moment not sedating at all - just a nice mellow relaxation. Trouble is I was supposed to be writing a script today (hotel video) and I'm just not feeling it! Can't get the creative juices flowing - like its too much trouble to think. Better not have Vula tomorrow! Anyway, it's good. I like it and will likely order some micro to take with me to England in August!