What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vula Waka Fiji Kava

RevRad

Kava Curious
I ordered a sample set from KWK a few weeks ago, due to ambiguous prep instructions I ruined a huge batch of Vula Waka. Mike, being the awesome guy he is, sent me out another sample sized packet of it no charge.

I need to highlight that I rarely get strong anxiolytic effects from ANYTHING except large doses of IV benzodiazepines. So don't take me at my word for the anxiety effects, I seem to be different than a lot of people.

It's not extremely strong like other KWK products are, but it's strong enough for sure. I find it to be more heady but leaning towards balanced, and as with the anxiolytic effects I seem to rarely react in a typical fashion mentally to psychoactive substances. I noticed every time I take this it's a huge effort to find the motivation to lift my limbs, especially my arms. No kavas are night kavas for me, but this one comes close. It may be a little more stimulating than some other varieties I've tried but not like a cup of coffee or anything.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks for the feedback RevRad and the prompt Deleted User01! I've been doing this for quite awhile now and take forgranted most people don't realize all the steps that go from finding a great variety, ensuring good processing practices at the farm, make sure no funny business happens getting it to the US, dealing with paperwork to get it into the US, doing testing (with 2 separate labs) to ensure quality of the entire shipment, and then finally releasing to the public.

I also want to people to realize this is not a commercial crop from some nondescript large company that harvests from a field and profits 1 person. Its many rural farmers who make their sole living from these plants they truly care about and buy things for the community like upgraded water filters and resources to make village life better.

I'm currently traveling again visiting these farms and will try to do a thread chronicling it more in depth. Until then, here's a picture of a Vula plant I took 2 days ago waiting to be harvested :)