What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vula Waka

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Kalm's new Vula waka is a perfect addition to their line-up. It's nicely balanced, pleasantly potent and has a deeper vibe than kavas like Pouni Ono or Borongoru. In my opinion, it's most similar to Loa waka, but easier to consume in some ways and only slightly more reserved in comparison. For me, the Loa waka was an awesome 'krunker', but had a strong repulsive flavor and was fairly nauseating at my full dosage. Vula, on the other hand, feels similar enough in effects and potency but was lighter on both the stomach and the palette.

Vula's flavor is woody and slightly medicinal but dissipates quickly. The grind is pretty standard, perhaps leaning toward the finer side and the effects kick in quickly without having to force it. The experience is very relaxing and gets you thinking and feeling more loosely, it's notably anxiolytic. I notice my eye-lides getting droopy while a tiny smile of contentment spreads across my face. Later into the session I can feel my eyes wanting to close entirely, not to sleep, but to enjoy the meditative mind-massage state without any added distractions. At the end of the night, there was some minor coordination loss(which I consider a good sign), though not as much as a strong Loa waka session. Sleep was easy and excellent, as expected.

Overall, Vula waka has my attention for being quickly effective, having specific desirable effects & potency (that don't require me to 'chase' the experience I'm looking for) and for being easy enough on my stomach that I don't have nausea detracting from it's enjoyment. Great kava.

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Uh you probably have a review for that product already. Try one you know you have no review for.
Can we not review the same product twice ? We need the option to do that as batches change.
In case you didn't see my edit to previous post, review form seemed to open fine when I tried it on the new Vula profile that Krunky added.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I used the 'unlisted item' option when I tried to post it earlier this week...that option brought up another box that let me type a name....
I think that was the basic problem. You can only add a review from an existing product profile. If there isn't one just let @KrunkyMonkey know (or any of us) and we'll get it added.

I can easily change the max reviews allowed count. What do you recommend? Some number or no limit??

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I think that was the basic problem. You can only add a review from an existing product profile. If there isn't one just let @KrunkyMonkey know (or any of us) and we'll get it added.

I can easily change the max reviews allowed count. What do you recommend? Some number or no limit??
I think kapm had it that way for a reason which escapes my memory at this time

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro

I also wasn't initiating the review from the product page, I was going into the review folder...in there, there is a 'post new thread' button in the top right that appears briefly and then disappears...if you click it fast enough it still bring you to a (possibly outdated?) review form.

I suppose the max review limit could be infinite, since there is no limit to batches changing over the decades.
But if it needs to be capped for whatever reason...3, 5 or 10 sound like possibilities.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I also wasn't initiating the review from the product page, I was going into the review folder...in there, there is a 'post new thread' button in the top right that appears briefly and then disappears...if you click it fast enough it still bring you to a (possibly outdated?) review form.
That button is not supposed to be there anymore.

FYS

Shell Shocked

I suppose the max review limit could be infinite, since there is no limit to batches changing over the decades.
But if it needs to be capped for whatever reason...3, 5 or 10 sound like possibilities.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to put dates in the titles of the reviews along with "new batch" if you are reviewing it again. Ideally using a batch number would be a good idea but I don't think any vendors do that. Alternatively I guess you could just keep updating a single post with "new batch xx/xx/xxxx" and then new review under that.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
My body is definitely more receptive to the effects of Vula more so than Pouni, so I'd go with Vula in most cases.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
My body is definitely more receptive to the effects of Vula more so than Pouni, so I'd go with Vula in most cases.
I have tried the Pouni many times and I tend to enjoy heady kavas more but lately I have been experimenting with the heavier stuff.