What's new

Wanted to make an instagram page

Loelinverse

Hey Guys, I am interested to make a tribute instagram page and I would love to know any good resources I can use for promoting this type of drink. I currently have 1LB Wakacon Noble Fiji Waka Kava and an Aluball system with an Aluball Pro Shaker (the one with the rounded bottom).

Reading from this forum so far, I noticed that the prep mentioned above isn't the most optimized prep, as there are options to drink it hot to get more of the kavalactones from the root. I'm currently enjoying the process so far, and it helps me with my anxiety and have a sense of mindfullness after every shell. I do love getting shellshocked!

Are there any resources that are reptuable to promote so that the experience can be as enjoyable as possible? I understand that the original method is an acquired taste, but its great to share and from what I have read so far, is not as harmful as other types of plants/substances.

Thanks again!

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I'm skeptical of most products on social media. I'm a woman in my 40s so maybe I'm not the demographic. I am likely the demographic of regular kava drinkers who are conscious of naturopathic medicine and other methods of medicine that aren't traditional Western. I only use one social media platform, however, so I may not be the best person to advise. I'm just skeptical in general. I came across kava forums by way of a lot of research. This is a great gift in the kava world because there are so many knowledgeable people. Maybe approach the list of vendors here and ask about giving a shout out on Insta? Maybe just use your personal page to talk about benefits and mention resources? There are a lot of people trying to sell a lot of garbage out there. Of course there is always new info and new, legit vendors. It's my reaction to most things on social media. I will research the hell out of it if it catches my attention.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Guys, I am interested to make a tribute instagram page and I would love to know any good resources I can use for promoting this type of drink. I currently have 1LB Wakacon Noble Fiji Waka Kava and an Aluball system with an Aluball Pro Shaker (the one with the rounded bottom).

Reading from this forum so far, I noticed that the prep mentioned above isn't the most optimized prep, as there are options to drink it hot to get more of the kavalactones from the root. I'm currently enjoying the process so far, and it helps me with my anxiety and have a sense of mindfullness after every shell. I do love getting shellshocked!

Are there any resources that are reptuable to promote so that the experience can be as enjoyable as possible? I understand that the original method is an acquired taste, but its great to share and from what I have read so far, is not as harmful as other types of plants/substances.

Thanks again!
What do you hope to accomplish in "promoting" kava ?
My opinion on that, is that I am not in favor of it ; for a few reasons that can work against it.
I think it's better that kava is kept "under the radar" for a few reasons.
Publicizing it too much increases the chances that it will be attacked by the people who want it banned.
Also, there is a very limited supply of kava ; Promoting it will not only devastate the supply further, but also raise the prices, and they are already high prices to begin with, making it very hard for a lot of people to afford it, who really need it.

Last edited:

Yogini

What do you hope to accomplish in "promoting" kava ?
My opinion on that, is that I am not in favor of it ; for a few reasons that can work against it.
I think it's better that kava is kept "under the radar" for these reasons.
Publicizing it too much increases the chances that it will be attacked by the people who want it banned.
Also, there is a very limited supply of kava ; Promoting it will not only devastate the supply further, but also raise the prices, and they are already high prices to begin with, making it very hard for a lot of people to afford it, who really need it.
This is very good. Thank you.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Thanks again!
Hi there and welcome, however you decide to promote kava, be sure not to copy any vendors images/content unless you have explicit permission from the owner. The Pacific Elixir is a good source (book) of information on kava.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I agree. I don't think there is anything positive with trying to get everyone on the Kava train. People who need a plant for medicinal purposes or recreational, is going to find out about it with a little bit of effort. A lot of plants have been banned because it got advertised for by companies or people who wanna earn money of the plant. In the ends this just leads to higher risk of the plant getting banned if teenagers started to use it as a "legal high". It might also make it more profitable to sell bad Kava.

Yogini

I agree. I don't think there is anything positive with trying to get everyone on the Kava train. People who need a plant for medicinal purposes or recreational, is going to find out about it with a little bit of effort. A lot of plants have been banned because it got advertised for by companies or people who wanna earn money of the plant. In the ends this just leads to higher risk of the plant getting banned if teenagers started to use it as a "legal high". It might also make it more profitable to sell bad Kava.
I actively discourage this when I can stomach some of the subreddits. I do NOT consider kava a drug. I see it as a Path to healing and wellness. I don't even consider it a substance swap. If it helps you stop choosing destruction then that's awesome. It isn't a substitute and it deserves respect.