What's new

website problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

exit stage left
I'm trying to check out prices on the Kalm With Kava website, but if I try and load any of the pages beyond the initial first page, I get a "too many redirects" message and it won't load. My browser is Chrome, Windows 7. Picture attached. I tried all of the suggested solutions I could find, including clearing my cookies and disabling my antivirus webpage scanner.

Is anyone else having this problem?

exit stage left
I don't have access to the router. :( The people who live upstairs have it. I rent a basement apartment and most things, like internet and heat/air conditioning are at the mercy of my upstairs neighbours.

My computer uses a wifi stick to access the wifi... I can try re-plugging that in.

exit stage left
I tried removing my browser safety plugin from my antivirus program completely and restarting my browser, because when the link got stuck in the loop like that it kept bringing up the antivirus program as a page trying to load, but it didn't work. I re plugged in my wifi stick and now I can get to the product pages, but not the checkout.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It honestly sounds like the router is not functioning properly. You'd be amazed at how many really strange problems a failing router can cause.

exit stage left
I will try texting the landlord to see if she can ask them to reset the router. Or just wait - my internet is so unreliable that the router gets reset about once a day. Which probably further indicates a router problem.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
the router gets reset about once a day. Which probably further indicates a router problem.
You're absolutely right. Having to reset a router continually means it's time to visit amazon and go on a spending spree. I'm actually up for that task right now. My router @ home has been doing the same thing to me for about a month now. I've been getting it to limp by, but there's only so much a nerd can take, you know?

exit stage left
The landlord isn't one to spend money on things that still kind of work, so maybe with my next paycheck I'll buy a router and gift it to her.

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya @Kapmcrunk. I got a suspensive Asus Router now, actually two of them. One upstairs and one downstairs so I get good reception in the patio for my spotify on the tablet. I totally agree that shutting off the modem and router for a few minutes can do wonders. And as I'm typing this, the Time warner guy just finished upgrading my internet and he is walking out the door now. So as a warning to all, here is what happened with Time Warner:
My bill went up for no apparent reason. I called them to complain. I mentioned that the option for 129.00 was cheaper than my pissy plan and I asked her (in a nice way) if she could help me. So she did and I got 4 free movie channels, faster internet, free phone, and all for 20 bucks less the last bill. Morale of the story, every year (12 months to the letter) you need to call your cable and telephone providers to make sure they are not jacking you around. Because you know what? They are jacking you around. :LOL:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I hear ya @Kapmcrunk. I got a suspensive Asus Router now, actually two of them. One upstairs and one downstairs so I get good reception in the patio for my spotify on the tablet. I totally agree that shutting off the modem and router for a few minutes can do wonders. And as I'm typing this, the Time warner guy just finished upgrading my internet and he is walking out the door now. So as a warning to all, here is what happened with Time Warner:
My bill went up for no apparent reason. I called them to complain. I mentioned that the option for 129.00 was cheaper than my pissy plan and I asked her (in a nice way) if she could help me. So she did and I got 4 free movie channels, faster internet, free phone, and all for 20 bucks less the last bill. Morale of the story, every year (12 months to the letter) you need to call your cable and telephone providers to make sure they are not jacking you around. Because you know what? They are jacking you around. :LOL:
Which asus router do you have? I use an Asus N66U that's been flashed to tomato firmware. Has worked great for 5 years, but it's finally crapping out on me

D

Deleted User01

Mine says N66u and N900 wireless. Mine is only 1.5 years old. Riddle me this, why would you ram a tomato in your router? :whistle:

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I know better. What specific benefits did you get with the new firmware. I just googled it but I need someone to tell me if it actually did something quantifiable. I got all kinds of setting already, like for port forwarding. I would go nuts if I had to redo them. If course, that is redundant because I'm already one feather shy of a wacko-bird. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.