What's new

Weight gain

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I am about 10 pounds into the underweight BMI, (5ft 10 and weigh 118.5lbs) partly because I'm skinny and partly likely from my kava drinking. Though my legs are very skinny from my perspective, I do have some muscle in my arms and abdomen. Does anyone have advice of an herb or supplement to encourage weight gain? I have a nonfunctional gallbladder, so I can't eat large amounts of fatty food. I can get away with a lot though, it's mostly just beef, pork, and deep fried foods I need to limit based on how I am managing my gallbladder health. I eat a good amount most days but have days here and there where I overeat and days where I undereat. I eat lots of fruits, meat, cereal grains, and dairy, in that order. those are probably the largest part of my diet. I enjoy eating sweets but I try to limit myself. I spread my eating throughout the day, eating many snacks, never skipping breakfast, and typically will have a large lunch and late night desserts. My exercise level is healthy but not athlete level by a long shot. Before kava, when I drank in some excess, I weighed 135 lbs. last year I weighed 125 lbs the time or two I checked.

I really don't think my calorie numbers are the issue. My metabolism has always been high, but my body might just not be absorbing all of the calories. I am hoping there is something I can take to help my body store more weight so that I don't have to risk a gallbladder attack by binging 3000+ calories per day or focusing on fatty foods.

Thanks for any input. Reading about the dangers of being underweight are freaking me out.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Most ways I know to gain weight involve eating lots of healthy fats, nuts, dairy, and complex carbs. Is BMI really that important? I would recommend just staying at the same weight and get a yearly physical to see your other health numbers and not worry about it. About impossible to gain weight when you fast for 6 hours everyday for kava time .