What's new

I Love Kava Friday Well, look at this

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
I have the last bit of my Ambaes and Ra's, then I have some Savusavu and Santos pride arriving today, dealing with twice the stress that any man should have to handle so I'm going for a minimum three day long krunk session lol

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I'm still hacking away at some Kava Society Borogoru. I should make some of that today! Yesterday was just a couple cups of instant to take the edge off the day.

ThatDankK

I am loving the Ambae for the end of the night knee-cap. It puts me down faster and harder than an irate mafia boss.
I'm getting some Santos pride in the mail tomorrow, that one is said to put you down faster than a 12ga to the face

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula! Love kava Fridays. I've got 4 shells in the fridge: a 3rd wash on 1/2lb or 225 gram Fiji'an Squanch Waka, and a 4rth wash of those roots together. About 1liter per prep, heated initially. 3rd wash means I made tea from roots, squeezed well, changed the water, and gave it equal effort before freezing.

I th awed roots. this one brewed strong like a good shell. 500ml of it was delightful and concise. I understood it well. The 4th wash was dark brown and still looked thick enough to be sweet. I mixed the 3rd wash in and squeezed them together before freezing the roots again.

Very good kava. Don't throw away roots after your 2nd wash. I'm having a good time and saving resources witb a technique anyone can do. Any good kava or perhaps any kava can be prepared three, four, or more times before the root should compost.

If you can't freeze, spread-dry and put away.
Keep your roots, water, bowl, hands clean, rinse and hang your strainer to dry. Freeze kava tightly as soon as you are done with it. This allows a smooth, balanced, well rounded 3rd and 4th wash.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
when I dont allow my strainer to dry it leaves a rancid taste next time I use it. trying to rotate strainers. anybody else have this problem?

ThatDankK

when I dont allow my strainer to dry it leaves a rancid taste next time I use it. trying to rotate strainers. anybody else have this problem?
I have a semi sticky yellow kavalactone build up on mine even after its dried, I try to use some dawn dish soap and it sort of helps. Make sure you wring it dry and set it out flat

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Greenbean, I store my strainer sealed and refridgerated and frozen or rinse it out and hang it to dry. You certainly must chill it or dry it. Bacteria