What's new

I Love Kava Friday Well well...If it isn't that day.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hello folks. I usually see this thread, and it’s “past midnight”, usually by a day or two.

I keep little note usually of the calendar and day.

So it was a pleasant surprise to think, hey, it IS FriDAY here now. And I’m just about to shake up a double Aluball 25 gram total of Solomon’s Headhunter.

I’m in line soon it seems to acquire some Malekula Instant and cannot wait. Haven’t had any instant for months and I’ve always found kava fits better into my life, meeting needs, keeping balance, if I have Instant on hand as an option.

Cooled down here in UK. We did have some warmth, nothing major, just usual British Summer now, i.e. pissing it down lol!

Every year I swear, end of July most of August is a wash out.

And contrary to what we might be encouraged to expect, it was I believe the coldest June on record.

Trees were underdeveloped, fish dead in dozens in lakes as it was too cold to spawn.

I wish the climate WOULD actually change lol.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It's nice here for a change, almost doesn't feel like July going into August. We're looking at a high of 78 and a low of 57...good shelling weather. But then again I can find a reason to shell in any situation, lol.
It was 87°F last night when I was headed to bed at 10:30. It's miserable out.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
TGIF

Got my Fiji Vanua Vanuatu in the mail today. Got a new Amelie movie poster. Picked up some of our new hatch chile kettle corn from the produce department where I work and it is delicious! Smoky, spicy and just a little sweet. Yum!

Have a good one everybody! Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Had a blast this week visiting kava bars in FL. Now im back in MN and its smells like a bonfire from all this smoke. Florida smelled like dead fish from the red tide.. Pretty extreme signs
Nice! Sounds like an awesome week. I'm jealous. I was wondering where you were Wednesday night :)

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
Already putting some shells down this afternoon. The Wakacon Waka is the blend this weekend until my KWK arrives next week. Amazon has saved my backside this week with Wakacon--again.

Get to help my wife with a wedding at Gaylord in Nashville tomorrow. Most of the work I need to do this weekend is done. I plan on putting in my fall food plots for deer season on Sunday afternoon. Then it is back to work on Monday. There is never enough time in the week .

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It's amazing how one 4th wash shell can turn my mood around. It doesn't take much and these are the times I wonder why I over do it other times. Maybe it's my lingering addict mentality, I dunno. Anyways, hope you have a solid weekend & stay out of the heat! Going to be nice here :)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
It's amazing how one 4th wash shell can turn my mood around. It doesn't take much and these are the times I wonder why I over do it other times. Maybe it's my lingering addict mentality, I dunno. Anyways, hope you have a solid weekend & stay out of the heat! Going to be nice here :)
What you say there I can relate.

I’ve not the experience or knowledge of Kava of most here, but ironically on the Bluelight harm reduction forum, which is fully broad range and where I have contributed for a few years on all and any topics I’m more experienced with, I, am the most informed about kava, and I’ve really championed it there, drawing in many, educating a lot, and creating a lot of positive and credible discussion which very many eyes would not otherwise see.

it’s staggered me to see how largely unknown Kava is. I guess no more than 10% of the world have heard of kava or have any grasp of it’s meaning, maybe half of those have tried it.

I expect people to say, almost word for word…Kava? Isn’t that meant to be bad for your liver?

I am forever dispelling the myth, with context, and trying to provide accurate information, nothing to do with myself, it’s a duty to share truth and do kava the justice it deserves and help as many people as possible along the way.

The Kapm’s facts page came in very useful recently, when a firm explanation as demanded to explain how one GABA “agent” (kava), could possibly be unlike all others, with no physical addiction and WD.

The matter as laid to rest thanks to the thoroughness and professionalism of the Kapm’s work and research here.

But kava is not plug and play. It’s so variable, the experience I have with it.

But as you describe above, it has amazed m so many times, after a certain point of shelling, I can find myself much to surprise in a really peaceful place, on days it seemed that would never happen.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I expect people to say, almost word for word…Kava? Isn’t that meant to be bad for your liver?
So true. For every myth we dispel there is yet another person that is willing to take up the "liver damage" torch. I and many others believe it is time for a global education and awareness campaign. Speaking with the Kavasseur tonight about this exact issue.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
And the other slightly annoying factor, because it’s a plain injustice to kava, or those who have actually been adventurous enough to dip their toes, so many have gone for the shiny glimmer of those conmen who have patented in effective kava capsules on a,axon containing God knows, and concluded kava does nothing.

Many others simply failed to work through reverse tolerance, without any awareness of it.

I have privately introduced a good few people to kava, in internet circles it was previously unheard of.

The list of people who have tried it and are in love grows, but some of those did have to keep going before a breakthrough on effects, and without my encouragement and brief explanation of this principle they would not have bothered past a day or two, as is the case for many.

I always discourage extracts full stop too. There is often a cry for them. The number of people asking me if I think X or Z Kava extract is worth it.

I advise Instant or Noble, do it properly or not at all.

And I never recommend Micronized. I’ve not actually tried it myself, I’ve no wish to, but obviously it’s acceptable.

I just thought…Tudei never actually enters these discussions. I’ll keep that in mind, in case I’m not being thorough enough, from a harm reduction perspective.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
And the other slightly annoying factor, because it’s a plain injustice to kava, or those who have actually been adventurous enough to dip their toes, so many have gone for the shiny glimmer of those conmen who have patented in effective kava capsules on a,axon containing God knows, and concluded kava does nothing.

Many others simply failed to work through reverse tolerance, without any awareness of it.

I have privately introduced a good few people to kava, in internet circles it was previously unheard of.

The list of people who have tried it and are in love grows, but some of those did have to keep going before a breakthrough on effects, and without my encouragement and brief explanation of this principle they would not have bothered past a day or two, as is the case for many.

I always discourage extracts full stop too. There is often a cry for them. The number of people asking me if I think X or Z Kava extract is worth it.

I advise Instant or Noble, do it properly or not at all.

And I never recommend Micronized. I’ve not actually tried it myself, I’ve no wish to, but obviously it’s acceptable.

I just thought…Tudei never actually enters these discussions. I’ll keep that in mind, in case I’m not being thorough enough, from a harm reduction perspective.
100%.
I’ve not the experience or knowledge of Kava of most here,
You know everything important you need to know. The rest are details you sort with time & shells ;)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
100%.

You know everything important you need to know. The rest are details you sort with time & shells ;)
Thanks for the sounding board assurance.

I learnt a lot from you good guys here, so easily and quickly, then naturally felt my forte was passing it on in other arenas.

it is very simple when broken down, and easy to emphasise.

The finer, more focussed study is important, interesting too of course but no real schooling is needed, just a relevant basic inclusive introduction.

Funnily, just half hour ago on Bluelight, a member I know well PM’d me wants direction. I’m going to suggest instant first as I usually do. I’ll link him to the new ones, Malekula and Kelai, Palarasul.

I have the Malekula and Kelai instant coming next week!

And some others.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Hello folks. I usually see this thread, and it’s “past midnight”, usually by a day or two.

I keep little note usually of the calendar and day.

So it was a pleasant surprise to think, hey, it IS FriDAY here now. And I’m just about to shake up a double Aluball 25 gram total of Solomon’s Headhunter.

I’m in line soon it seems to acquire some Malekula Instant and cannot wait. Haven’t had any instant for months and I’ve always found kava fits better into my life, meeting needs, keeping balance, if I have Instant on hand as an option.

Cooled down here in UK. We did have some warmth, nothing major, just usual British Summer now, i.e. pissing it down lol!

Every year I swear, end of July most of August is a wash out.

And contrary to what we might be encouraged to expect, it was I believe the coldest June on record.

Trees were underdeveloped, fish dead in dozens in lakes as it was too cold to spawn.

I wish the climate WOULD actually change lol.
Climate ≠ Weather. Climate is the average calculated by the accumulation of changes in weather data over large periods of time while weather is more of your immediate conditions day to day and month to month. Climate change is real, and there is a scientific consensus for it. Only political arguments can be made against it, and they can be made against anything :p

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Climate ≠ Weather. Climate is the average calculated by the accumulation of changes in weather data over large periods of time while weather is more of your immediate conditions day to day and month to month. Climate change is real, and there is a scientific consensus for it. Only political arguments can be made against it, and they can be made against anything :p
You know, I’m not actually denying that. Things change, as part of nature over time.

But weather modification technology is equally real and widely patented.