What's new

I Love Kava Friday We've done it.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
My anxiety's been up all week, off and on throughout the day and night. It's not working around my schedule. But Borogoru has helped me a lot this week. And so has Hanakapi'ai. Being rooted is great. Thank Goodness It's Frigg's Day!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Summer's end, does it feel like it? Here the season switch happened a while ago, interesting to learn you are celebrating the end of summer just now. Fait, good to hear from you! Let's talk in the Nakamal chat. How've you been? ::tanoafull:: ::happyshell:: ::shell::::chugger::

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
So today did not go quite as desired. I couldn't afford to miss a vital, long awaited parcel from America (not lava related), so I had to virtually forego sleep.

15 grams of Koro Island from Artof kava settled me down ncely for a while.

Then I made a 15 gram of Tongan Choice. Except that was accompanied about 9 hours ago by 125ug of a thing Hofmann made lol!

15 grams more of koro later on, wasn't really remediing the situation.

But after a strong herb tea. I am curently 2/3rds into 15 grams of Kava Depot Vanuatu Waka- stromg and heady, but also mellow and hypnotc in ways.

Not a jittery heady one like M'oi of Pouni often can be for some people at times.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula @AlexisReal. I think that sleep is important when considering material such as "Hofmann's discovery/its analogues". Enjoy your Kava! Glad to hear from you.

Tonight here, finishing up my 'Eva! Fine, fantastic roots, after tonight's Kava Ceremony I'll have to choose anywhere between 3 and 5 days to go without Kava, and I can have one more shell, perhaps on Thanksgiving. My new job will pay me and I'll order more.

This Kava here tonight, a 6th and 7th wash on Mongrel Grog. The Mongrel Grog has been beautiful and perfectly portioned, with agreeable strength and flavor. It leans on the Heavy side, as you might imagine. I blended into this, a hot squeeze of 6Tbsp fresh dry root, and am throwing the shells inside me like I'm trying to squelch a fire. It's krunktacular!~BULA! ::chugger::

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Bula @AlexisReal. I think that sleep is important when considering material such as "Hofmann's discovery/its analogues". Enjoy your Kava! Glad to hear from you.

Tonight here, finishing up my 'Eva! Fine, fantastic roots, after tonight's Kava Ceremony I'll have to choose anywhere between 3 and 5 days to go without Kava, and I can have one more shell, perhaps on Thanksgiving. My new job will pay me and I'll order more.

This Kava here tonight, a 6th and 7th wash on Mongrel Grog. The Mongrel Grog has been beautiful and perfectly portioned, with agreeable strength and flavor. It leans on the Heavy side, as you might imagine. I blended into this, a hot squeeze of 6Tbsp fresh dry root, and am throwing the shells inside me like I'm trying to squelch a fire. It's krunktacular!~BULA! ::chugger::
Thanks for the warm words. Yes indeed, a total lack of mental and physical energy, as a result of severe sleep deprivation, usually accompanied by extreme restlessness and physical discomfort and anxiety- not the best scenario for embarking on any kind of trip!

I felt a lot better eventually by last night, but I had to ride out a day of virtual tormentuous discomfort and unease.

I somehow worked through 70 grams of kava on my own, Kava Friday.

Most days it is 40 to 60 grams.

I hope you can restock on your favourite kavas real soon mate.

And hope you are/will be happy in your new job too. Enjoy your weekend, kava or no kava.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
See, tonight, just 45 grams Aluballed (Kadavu Waka, Tongan Choice, Mixed ball of Koro Islands and kelai)....was enough! I still chased up later with 5 grams of Instant Ceremonial.

The amount of kava I need and can tolerate on any different day varies extraordinarily in my own experience. So for myself it really takes tuning into my body, and using the kava most appropriately for that day.

Lovely effects tonight though. Again, kava amazed me- I was suddenly feeling completely ok and relaxed when earlier this day it seems like that would be impossible.