What's new

What do you all think of temo?

___

Kava Curious
Now that it has been out a while, what do you all think about it?

I got it because it was the only one in stock and overall I am not that impressed - I prefer nangol noble. Then again, I prefer nangol noble to almost every kava, so maybe that isn't a fair comparison. However, I find temo to be espicially nauseating, but not stronger than other strong kavas. As someone prone to kava related nausea at the best of times, that is a serious detriment to me.

Specifically, I am finding 1/3 cup / 5-ish tablespoons is the limit for what I can drink before nausea creates significant issues and this is perhaps already too much, as I had a bit of nausea the first night. With other kavas, there is a point where I get nausea if I move around, but feel fine if I stay in one spot. Often I drink this much before going to bed, as I am not going to be moving around while asleep anyway, and it also provides a clear sign that it is time to stop drinking kava. Temo seems to go straight from more moderate effects to "unpleasantly nauseous even while lying down," which means I have to stick to a smaller amount that doesn't give as many heady effects. Being that I prefer heady effects, this is not ideal.

I could see this being the favorite kava of someone who wants moderate body and anti-anxiety effects before going to sleep (meaning they won't need to drink too much), with some mild body effects even lasting into the morning. However, it does not feel like a versatile kava to me like some other ones where you can target the effects you want at that particular moment with the right dose. I would still prefer this one to most kavas, however.

KavaKween

Kava Curious
I think the February batch was much more potent. Not sure if it's my body chemistry or a difference in the product. The first batch was more relaxing and euphoric with more immediate effects. The latest is pleasant but not as strong.

I haven't noticed any nausea. I'm a nightly kava consumer of anywhere from 35-70 grams depending on the strength and quality of my mixture.

Reactions: ___

mzii

Kava Curious
I have 2 lbs of this on the way. I’ll provide an update once I’ve tried it. I was hoping for a potent kava that’s suitable for nighttime sessions. I am not prone to kava induced nausea, so that’s good, I suppose.

Reactions: ___

___

Kava Curious
I am envious of you all not getting nausea. The main reason I don't drink kava more often is finances, but dealing with the constant unease that comes with non-stop, mild nausea, espicially if I consume kava on an empty stomach, is a close second.

I also cannot drink tea on an empty stomach- so no morning tea or yerba mate for me, only coffee- and get motion sickness riding in people's cars, so maybe I am predisposed to nausea in general.

When my kava arrived I was on the last couple days of taking my high dose anti-inflammatory medication, so we will see if that prescription ending helps some. I am however still afraid to go above 1/3 cup, even if I spread it out over multiple hours.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Temo gives me nausea but for reasons other than what you would normally see. It's the taste. There's something about Temo that is reminiscent of one of the kavas I binged on and barfed from, and my brain says 'NOPE' even at the first sip. I know it's just me in that regard because I have a friend locally that Temo is all he wants, and loves it.

KavaKween

Kava Curious
I am envious of you all not getting nausea. The main reason I don't drink kava more often is finances, but dealing with the constant unease that comes with non-stop, mild nausea, espicially if I consume kava on an empty stomach, is a close second.

I also cannot drink tea on an empty stomach- so no morning tea or yerba mate for me, only coffee- and get motion sickness riding in people's cars, so maybe I am predisposed to nausea in general.

When my kava arrived I was on the last couple days of taking my high dose anti-inflammatory medication, so we will see if that prescription ending helps some. I am however still afraid to go above 1/3 cup, even if I spread it out over multiple hours.
Maybe try a mixing with a little milk and ginger? I also use a little dark chocolate syrup to mask the taste.