What's new

What happened to Pacific Roots Kava?

Hitch

Kava Curious
Bula everyone,

I’ve loved ordering and drinking Pacific Roots Kava. However, it looks to be out of stock on the KWK website (where I used to get it from) and on the Kava Society of NZ site.

I heard on a recent @kavasseur YouTube video that they might stop making it (hopefully not permanently). Can @Henry or @Kalm with Kava provide more info as to what is happening with the great Pacific Roots Kava innovation? Were there production issues, legal issues, a combo of both...?

I’m hoping to order more again one day... I loved the fresh kava experience so much.

Cheers,
Hitch

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Bula everyone,

I’ve loved ordering and drinking Pacific Roots Kava. However, it looks to be out of stock on the KWK website (where I used to get it from) and on the Kava Society of NZ site.

I heard on a recent @kavasseur YouTube video that they might stop making it (hopefully not permanently). Can @Henry or @Kalm with Kava provide more info as to what is happening with the great Pacific Roots Kava innovation? Were there production issues, legal issues, a combo of both...?

I’m hoping to order more again one day... I loved the fresh kava experience so much.

Cheers,
Hitch
I just this morning received an email from KS saying instant and all cultivars are back in stock now. Have a look check anyway.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Hi mate, thanks for the questions. Just to clarify, Pacific roots was a result of a research collaboration between myself and mike, but the bottles sold by kalm with kava were entirely their own product, so all questions about that product sold in the states are best directed to kalm.
But in short, Mike's death and covid-19 have put a stop to this project, at least for now. I will post a longer post about this project in another thread at some point.

Hitch

Kava Curious
Hi mate, thanks for the questions. Just to clarify, Pacific roots was a result of a research collaboration between myself and mike, but the bottles sold by kalm with kava were entirely their own product, so all questions about that product sold in the states are best directed to kalm.
But in short, Mike's death and covid-19 have put a stop to this project, at least for now. I will post a longer post about this project in another thread at some point.

Understood, @Henry . Thank you for providing detail here — it makes sense that those two tragedies of the year would’ve put a stop to the project.

I hope that when the time is right Pacific Roots can pick up where it left off. It is something special.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thank you for this, @Henry ... unfortunately I’m getting an “oops, we ran into some problems” when I click on the link. I’d love to read more.
I can fix that.

You should see it now. It's located behind a forum that remains hidden until you reach a certain number of posts and your account reaches a minimum age.