What's new

What is real meaning of krunked?

Alark

Kava Curious
Is it the headrush you get especially from heady kava? Or is it the feeling you get from too much heavy kava (Mild drunk?)?

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
In my experience it tends to happen more so with heavy cultivators but have had it was balnced and heady too. Heady tends to be more short lived and euphoric, while a real krunk feeling tends to be a more drawn out thing. Often when the first wave transfers to the more sedating feelings is when it hits. A real krunk is when you almost need to lay down because you went a bit overbord. Loud noises and bright lights become quite annoying, feel a little wobbly and just need to relax. Thats an overboard krunk but it passes rather quickly and is harmless. A positive krunk is towing the line where you have the anxiety relief, euphoria, and relaxation kava offers without feeling “sick” . Imagine the opposite effect that liquor has on your emotions and body but with a similar “care-free” type feeling. I almost dont like the name because drunkeness can be seen in a negative light. Ive never once made a questionable decision while partaking in the root. Dont chase this peak “krunk” feeling though it comes in waves. Some sessions are good while others are great. Find the right dose and water ratio. For me 60-70 grams to a liter is perfect for a average solo session “krunk”. Once i hit over 85 grams to a liter i run the risk of over doing it

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I almost dont like the name because drunkeness can be seen in a negative light
Drunk is also a product, generally associated, with alcohol consumption.
So why would we want to take kava into the realm of alcohol?
It seems like deja vu all over again as there has been a discussion of why the
word should be avoided...somewhere in the archives of these Forums.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Drunk is also a product, generally associated, with alcohol consumption.
So why would we want to take kava into the realm of alcohol?
It seems like deja vu all over again as there has been a discussion of why the
word should be avoided...somewhere in the archives of these Forums.
It's a play on words but I get your point, we've already toned it down around here and maybe overtime we can phase in other saying's like rooted, which too me describes the experience better.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Is it the headrush you get especially from heady kava? Or is it the feeling you get from too much heavy kava (Mild drunk?)?
Highly subjective term, much like drunk can mean a 2 beer buzz or near incapacitated. Personally I like rooted better. Kava is so unlike booze that to adopt booze wording is not productive and potentially harmful to kava as a brand. I have used it in the past but not really preferred now.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
In my experience it tends to happen more so with heavy cultivators but have had it was balnced and heady too. Heady tends to be more short lived and euphoric, while a real krunk feeling tends to be a more drawn out thing. Often when the first wave transfers to the more sedating feelings is when it hits. A real krunk is when you almost need to lay down because you went a bit overbord. Loud noises and bright lights become quite annoying, feel a little wobbly and just need to relax. Thats an overboard krunk but it passes rather quickly and is harmless. A positive krunk is towing the line where you have the anxiety relief, euphoria, and relaxation kava offers without feeling “sick” . Imagine the opposite effect that liquor has on your emotions and body but with a similar “care-free” type feeling. I almost dont like the name because drunkeness can be seen in a negative light. Ive never once made a questionable decision while partaking in the root. Dont chase this peak “krunk” feeling though it comes in waves. Some sessions are good while others are great. Find the right dose and water ratio. For me 60-70 grams to a liter is perfect for a average solo session “krunk”. Once i hit over 85 grams to a liter i run the risk of over doing it
Not chasing is good advice. I'm still recovering from 3 days straight if drinking kava all day. You never get the same feeling as the first shell, even if you keep it going for days. Then you are left dry and depressed. I've learned this lesson before, but I seem doomed to repeat it twice a year.