What is the best Kava Instant?

• Kava King Flavoured Instants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bula Kava House Instant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
I've been reading through a lot of reviews and I'm wondering what is the best Kava Instant? In terms of Taste, Poetency, Anxiolytic, Euphoria, Ease of use & Heady effects (Overall)

D

Deleted User01

Mo'i from GHK is just a very fresh and clean tasting instant with good effects.

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Very Interesting, First and Second favourite Instant Kava's are both GHK! I must give some a go :)

starscolliding

Kava Curious
Guys, so let me set this up a little differently.

First, you can have a type of Kava that meets your needs or is different than you want (kavalactone balance)
(2) Then, you can have source Kava of that type that is good or no good
(3) Lastly, the manu can use an 'instant' process that is good or no good

Okay, so starting with (2): Do we know that the source Kava from those three places is good? I think really all of the Kava vendors that are active here have good Kava sources, it is actual Kava, etc. Really what I mean here is 'when they start batch processing the Kava for the instant process, is there potency in the med grind or unground Kava they start with'. And is it properly clean.

Then (3), GHK definitely does a good job with their process. So does NAH (Fire Island). And so does BKH (Vanuatu Instant Green Kava). I can absolutely say that the instant from those three companies are solid 'instant making processes' that produce potent products. That is just my personal expeience. It is very possible to take potent med grind and create an instant that is weak and has minimal effects. In fact, I have had batches from some of the 3 vendors I just listed that were 'duds' then the next batch is great. For instant you have to worry about how it was dried and mold (that has shown up in some instants) and the manu process in actually batch-making the kava, is it clean, is it traditional (maybe they chew and spit on it? ha ha), etc.

Then for (1) what people above seem to really be voting on is what effects (kavalactone balance) do they like. For example, for me, Moi is definitely heady, but on its own, doesn't have a strong enough body/anxiolytic to be effective for me. But obviously people like it, and in fact I just wrote on a thread where I like to mix it with Mahakea and I've got some in my kitchen right now.

All of this to say that when we say 'best' if by best we mean best quality, then I think more about 2 and 3 above, but by best you can also mean 'your favourite' like ice cream flavors, that is more #1.

Anyway, it is all good and discussions of instant are great as that is how most newbies will come in. Just wanted to try and add a way of thinking about it.

Oh, and combining Deleted User and Asimov into one person for a quarter of a second, maybe we have a Zero-th Law/Principle - is it noble or not :). So 4 criteria to think about.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I can tell you that nene instant sends you off to never never land if that is what you are looking for. I was fighting insomnia one night and I didn't want to go to the nene. Finally, I just said screw it and took a few teaspoons of that. It sent me away. I don't find any other uses for it than that. I can say that no kava that I have tried performs like that. I am stlll in RT too. That one makes itself known. That is the only instant I have ever tried. I know that this isn't the ultimate response but it's all I've got. :bag: