What's new

What is up with KWK shipping prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Six pounds shipped within the continental US: $77.70 via UPS ground.

Are you kidding me? This has got to be a bug on their website, right?

verticity

I'm interested in things
That must be a bug.
When I do 1 pound it is reasonable:
1pound.png

(That's a good price for 1 pound of Borogu, by the way)
But if I increase the quantity to 6 pounds it gets wonky:
6pounds.png

USPS Priority option disappears...

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Interesting. I didn't even have an option for USPS priority mail at first.Apparently if you go over 4 pounds the USPS option dissappears. I changed the quantity around to see what would happen. It doesn't make sense.

Looks like KWK is trying to dis-incentivize sales of more than 4 pounds by listing outrageous shipping prices? What the heck is going on?

6 pounds via UPS ground: $77.70.
3 pounds via Priority Mail: $15.84

I've sent 5-6 pound packages thru Priority Mail all the time. The post office isn't stopping KWK. Something is fishy.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Interesting. I didn't even have an option for USPS priority mail at first.

Apparently if you go over 4 pounds the USPS option dissappears.

I wish there was a non-insane shipping option for ordering more than 4 pounds.
Maybe that's the maximum capacity of one of those Priority mail boxes, and the app isn't intelligent enough to figure out how to divide the order into more than one box. I'm sure Mike can sort it out when he sees this.. you could try PMing or emailing him.

RevRad

Kava Curious
Priority mail's slogan is "if it fits it ships under 70 pounds for one low, flat rate". 6 pounds is definitely not going over their flat rate pricing.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Maybe that's the maximum capacity of one of those Priority mail boxes, and the app isn't intelligent enough to figure out how to divide the order into more than one box. I'm sure Mike can sort it out when he sees this.. you could try PMing or emailing him.
Yeah. It's got to be a quirk on the KWK website. I'm optimistic they'll figure it out :)

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Yeah. It's got to be a quirk on the KWK website. I'm optimistic they'll figure it out :)
Sorry Kastom-lif! We had an update to the website which knocked all of our shipping options out of whack. I had thought I set everything back correctly but it looks like there's some glitch when going over 4lbs like you've noticed. Its actually quite complicated getting the settings correct for which products are ordered and what type of package they'll fit in. International settings disallow shipping over 4 lbs for certain packages and I think this is where the hangup must be. I'll try to switch some things around in the next day or 2. Thanks for pointing this out!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
How can I contact you to place an order? The website is still broken and there is no phone number listed. I sent another email to Justin asking for contact information.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
nternational settings disallow shipping over 4 lbs for certain packages and I think this is where the hangup must be.
Mike could you recommend the best way to ship international (Australia)(multiple small quantities, or one big order? or to ship it to a US friend to forward via UPS?) I was hoping to get 10x8oz of micronized today but the shipping is $88 :(
I don't have too much hope, as international shipping sucks across the board. But you never know...

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Mike could you recommend the best way to ship international (Australia)(multiple small quantities, or one big order? or to ship it to a US friend to forward via UPS?) I was hoping to get 10x8oz of micronized today but the shipping is $88 :(
I don't have too much hope, as international shipping sucks across the board. But you never know...
Shipping prices should be all fixed on the website now for automatic actual rates including UPS options. Unfortunately, yes it is very expensive internationally though. Will PM with one other option....

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Got in touch with Mike himself through these very forums. All is very well. Thanks!
I am jack’s complete lack of surprise. Cool beans.

IME the vendors around here are way better people to have a commercial relationship than they hardly ever get credit for. Also really nice people, some of them absolute peaches. His squanch has is iconic, too.

You know, Matt, mike, Judd, KT, Chris, realkava, etc, these are pretty decent folks who always treat me square and I am more than happy to pay them my dosh for their high quality root. Also, the stuff I buy from Tyler is always of more than acceptable quality. I have no idea what he is like as a person.

Oh geez, Edward, of course, but he’s one of us who is one of them, but yeah, he has to go on the peach list, either way. A real bronzer bloke, as they say in New Zealand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.