What's new

What to do when kava package does not arrive in mail, appears to be lost UPDATED 11/21/20

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions. Here is basically what happened.
First it had some very unusual activity. It arrived in a PO in my state, a few hours drive from me.
Then instead of going to my town from there, it went to a PO several states away, about 1000 miles away.
Then it went back to that same PO in my state.
That was 3 days ago. There has been no updates whatsoever in 3 full days. I don't know if it's still there, or on the way.
So, the first time it arrived into that PO, it got kicked back to some PO far, far away. Then the 2nd time it went back to that PO, it apparently got stuck there and went nowhere. It seems that one particular PO is having serious issues.
It was mailed one week ago. It was Priority Mail, which usually takes 2-3 days.
I went to my local PO, and they told me to call an 800 number. But from my experience, that phone number usually has a 45 minute wait.
But if I'm not mistaken, I think there's a way to file a report online with them, that does the same thing.
I've had similar experiences many times. That a package seems to be on the way and suddenly it appears to be in the other end of the country bound for abroad. Every time this have happened the package have suddenly arrived in my mailbox. My guess is that the package tracking have ended and another package have gotten the same number. Why, I don't know.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I've had similar experiences many times. That a package seems to be on the way and suddenly it appears to be in the other end of the country bound for abroad. Every time this have happened the package have suddenly arrived in my mailbox. My guess is that the package tracking have ended and another package have gotten the same number. Why, I don't know.
One Should be aware that not all postal products includes tracking.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I believe it's $50.
Right, it's $50 for Priority. He must have been thinking of Priority Express, which is $100, after looking it up.
Even $50 is enough to cover my cost. But I have this feeling that the Sender has to file the claim, since technically they are the ones that paid the USPS for the actual service.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Right, it's $50 for Priority. He must have been thinking of Priority Express, which is $100, after looking it up.
Even $50 is enough to cover my cost. But I have this feeling that the Sender has to file the claim, since technically they are the ones that paid the USPS for the actual service.
Per a google search;
"Either the person who sent the mailpiece or the person who received it may file a claim for insured mail that is lost, arrived damaged, or was missing contents. The person filing must have the original mailing receipt. "

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the suggestions. Here is basically what happened.
First it had some very unusual activity. It arrived in a PO in my state, a few hours drive from me.
Then instead of going to my town from there, it went to a PO several states away, about 1000 miles away.
Then it went back to that same PO in my state.
That was 3 days ago. There has been no updates whatsoever in 3 full days. I don't know if it's still there, or on the way.
So, the first time it arrived into that PO, it got kicked back to some PO far, far away. Then the 2nd time it went back to that PO, it apparently got stuck there and went nowhere. It seems that one particular PO is having serious issues.
It was mailed one week ago. It was Priority Mail, which usually takes 2-3 days.
I went to my local PO, and they told me to call an 800 number. But from my experience, that phone number usually has a 45 minute wait.
But if I'm not mistaken, I think there's a way to file a report online with them, that does the same thing.
Hey! Yah so on my end as a kava shipper, most shipments are priority mail. This comes with shipping insurance , from $50 to $100. Let your sellers customer service know youre having this issue. Go here and follow the directions to file a claim https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm . Once your claim is accepted youll get your money back up to the insurance limit. Hopefully its not more than that. You may be able to escellate it to get the full value back if its their fault, however it doesnt always work. Last, ask your seller if theyll take a screenshot of the screen that shows your shipping info. If something on their side is messed up that was not something you accidently typed in, they may replace your order. Hope this helps!!!

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Per a google search;
"Either the person who sent the mailpiece or the person who received it may file a claim for insured mail that is lost, arrived damaged, or was missing contents. The person filing must have the original mailing receipt. "

Per a google search;

Very true. A lot of companies put it on the customer. Its for sure worth contacting the seller before hand. Sometimes theyll give a discount or something to cover at least a part of the uncovered cost. Worth asking

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Update : Several of my Priority Mail packages took about 2 weeks to finally arrive.
So instead of USPS, I tried FedEx, based on vendor recommendations.
I paid even more, for the FedEx 3 day delivery, than I did for the USPS 3 Day. Almost twice as much
Now the FedEx still has not arrived, after a week.
So their 3-Day delivery is taking a week - or more.
Anyone else experience this ?
And does FedEx guarantee or refund shipping in these cases for this service ?

According to this, they have a money-back guarantee. Do I request it directly from FedEx, or does the Vendor/Sender have to do it ?

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Update : Several of my Priority Mail packages took about 2 weeks to finally arrive.
I paid even more, for the FedEx 3 day delivery, than I did for the USPS 3 Day. Almost twice as much

According to this, they have a money-back guarantee. Do I request it directly from FedEx, or does the Vendor/Sender have to do it ?

The shipper would need to request the refund. You'll probably have much better luck out of Fedex than you would with USPS going after a late delivery refund.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast

What does the tracking tell you? Is it moving within their system?