What's new

What to do with leftover sediment?

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Sometime I get a lot of good looking oily sludge in my bowl after kneading. I try to drink some, but I feel like the grittiness doesnt do any favors for my stomach. I know it must be full of some good stuff though. What could you do with this? I was thinking maybe making an extract but I dont know anything about that :p Or drying it out and doing something with powder? Any thoughts?

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Dilute with more water and if you have a blender a splash of EVO makes an emulsion smoother and easier on the stomach.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
If your stomach can handle it drink it. Lots of good KLs in the sediment. I even let my bowl dry overnight (no rinsing/washing) and in the morning you will usually have a nice dried instant kava to scrape off the bowl. Good for starting the next session.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
idk what your makkas look like,.. mine are big dry clumps. The furthest away from something you could make a drink out of.

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for your replies everyone, Im trying to drink more each time and also mixing it through the session so it isnt at the bottom of my bowl and left for one shell. @greenbeen Its not like the makas, its the fine sediment that actually gets through the strainer.I get lots of it with certain varieties

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for your replies everyone, Im trying to drink more each time and also mixing it through the session so it isnt at the bottom of my bowl and left for one shell. @greenbeen Its not like the makas, its the fine sediment that actually gets through the strainer.I get lots of it with certain varieties
oh i see. cool username by the way.