What's new

Whatever happened to Kavafied's "brewing machine" they were working on ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I remember a video posted a while back, of a "pre-market demo" of a machine that was fully automatic in brewing kava.
But I havn't heard anything about it in a long time.
Are they still getting it ready for the market ? Or did I miss the unveiling of it, somehow ? Or did they decide not to go through with it ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I remember a video posted a while back, of a "pre-market demo" of a machine that was fully automatic in brewing kava.
But I havn't heard anything about it in a long time.
Are they still getting it ready for the market ? Or did I miss the unveiling of it, somehow ? Or did they decide not to go through with it ?
It's available for purchase if we're talking about the shaker. If you shoot a message to kavafied I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know about it.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Nah, they had a prototype shiny metal machine that looked sort of like a juicer. Put root and water in, close the lid, and it makes noises while performing mechanical activities, and kava comes out a spout at the bottom.

The main differences between a regular juicer and a hypothetical kava machine, I would guess, are:
1. The kava machine needs to strain out more fibers than what a juicer would let through.
2. A juicer operates only on the water that's already inside whatever you juice, but a kava machine might need to have more water added as it runs.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
It's available for purchase if we're talking about the shaker. If you shoot a message to kavafied I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know about it.
Not the manual shaking one, but the fully automatic electric one that does all the shaking, etc.
kastom, below, referenced it.

Nah, they had a prototype shiny metal machine that looked sort of like a juicer. Put root and water in, close the lid, and it makes noises while performing mechanical activities, and kava comes out a spout at the bottom.

The main differences between a regular juicer and a hypothetical kava machine, I would guess, are:
1. The kava machine needs to strain out more fibers than what a juicer would let through.
2. A juicer operates only on the water that's already inside whatever you juice, but a kava machine might need to have more water added as it runs.
That's the one.
Do you know the "market status" of it ?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
She’s skookum as frig. Too rich for my budget, though I got mad respect for the enginerding that invented it.

Seriously, though, this could be a game changer for kalapus and kava bars.

RevRad

Kava Curious
Looks like a modified paint shaker. I'm not sure if that's market value for a decent paint shaker so I can't comment whether that's crazy or not. I'd rather just shake it myself personally.