What's new

What's a good heady variety on the market currently?

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
It has been a VERY long time since I have had anything remotely close to a heady kava with the exception of a couple extracts/capsules here and there (very rarely). Honestly, with life getting more and more busy, my anxiety levels improving as well as my fitness and general health, I find the heavy & sedating kavas that I used to enjoy so much are starting to really become a drag. The next day sleepiness interferes with my normal schedule too much and makes it too difficult to get things done, etc. etc.

That being said, I'm looking to switch over to heady, more energizing and euphoric kavas as a replacement. I'll definitely miss the vibe that comes with heavy varieties, but I think it's for the better.

In the past I've had KWK's Pouni Ono, how is it these days? I've also heard that Mo'i is a very strong heady variety but I've never had a chance to try it. I usually prefer stronger Kava, so if there's such a thing as a strong heady, send it my way :) Recommendations, suggestions, etc.? Thank you in advance, Kava community!

sort of a side note, what can I expect from a heady variety instead of my usual heavy? It's been so long since I've tried one, but I do remember the differences being pretty unique.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It has been a VERY long time since I have had anything remotely close to a heady kava with the exception of a couple extracts/capsules here and there (very rarely). Honestly, with life getting more and more busy, my anxiety levels improving as well as my fitness and general health, I find the heavy & sedating kavas that I used to enjoy so much are starting to really become a drag. The next day sleepiness interferes with my normal schedule too much and makes it too difficult to get things done, etc. etc.

That being said, I'm looking to switch over to heady, more energizing and euphoric kavas as a replacement. I'll definitely miss the vibe that comes with heavy varieties, but I think it's for the better.

In the past I've had KWK's Pouni Ono, how is it these days? I've also heard that Mo'i is a very strong heady variety but I've never had a chance to try it. I usually prefer stronger Kava, so if there's such a thing as a strong heady, send it my way :) Recommendations, suggestions, etc.? Thank you in advance, Kava community!

sort of a side note, what can I expect from a heady variety instead of my usual heavy? It's been so long since I've tried one, but I do remember the differences being pretty unique.
Definitely browse on over to Nakamal At Home and pick up some Kelai. Easily one of the headiest kavas available on the market at the moment.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Definitely browse on over to Nakamal At Home and pick up some Kelai. Easily one of the headiest kavas available on the market at the moment.
+1 to Kelai, I also recommend Palarasul as a slightly more prolonged and more “full” head- I get mine from Kava society.
Thank you both. I think I'll check out that Kelai first, it's been a while since I've purchased from N@H. I appreciate the recommendations!