What's new

Kava Preparation What's your kava ritual?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi. New to the forum but not to Kava. Just started up again with this lovely stuff in my search to end my dependence on Alcohol.

I use 4 tablespoons of Kona Noble Kava in an unmeasured amount of water, put it in a Gatorade bottle and shake the hell out of it for awhile before i strain it through a mesh tea strainer. I guess i'm one of the odd ones. I like the taste..okay, well, i don't mind it. My tongue is numb while i write this and it's awesome.
I took a good 1/3rd of the gatorade bottle earlier today and lost any motivation to move, which is why i usually like to take it at night.

Side note. Does too much kava make anyone else dizzy to the near point of nausea especially while staring at a computer screen? I had that problem last night
after i drank 4 tablespoons quickly. I was also on K@ but i remember experiencing this on only Kava the night before. Need to reduce the amount i drink i think and find my happy medium.

Also, tried to drink a beer last night but lost interest and poured it out when only half done, so Kava is totally working for meas a replacement.
Welcome!

I usually have to cover one eye when I get to that point with kava. It's also usually lights out shortly after.

Congrats on your alcohol reduction. Kava has been what some would call a "miracle" for alcohol replacement.

Inkbottle

Thanks for the welcome Krunk!

Tonight i made a batch and i'm going to sip it slowly throughout the night instead of chugging it. Maybe i'll have a more mellow time with less eye wobbles.

Sipping it slow throughout the night will mimic how i usually drink beer during the night, making it replace it even more. Kavas nice. I love how friendly and mellow it is.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I drink kava too much for an elaborate ritual. When I'm at my bar with gallons of kava sitting in front of me, I just find someone to drink with, we clap simultaneously once, chug our shell, then clap twice. A take of kava drinking ceremonies in the pacific.

At home, I usually stand in my kitchen and listen to three songs as I knead. Maybe some reggae or "Jawaiian" music. Still do the clapping if I'm drinking solo.