What's new

Where do you get your Kava/What do you like.

Kavadon

Hey, I'm new to Kava after I discovered a local Kava bar in my area. I've enjoyed it, but I'm wondering where to buy decent stuff and also curious what you guys like.

1675982377053.png

This has been my primary go to. I like how it's calming but also does give you that euphoria and good mood. Amazon ran out at one point though and I bought two others which weren't great. One was okay, the other just kind of made brown water. I gave it multiple tries, but still not that great (I haven't mentioned either here because I don't want to trash them publicly based on my own subjective experience, but I'm cool with praising one I like, even if I'm looking for something better.)

So, what do you all go for, and where do you get it? Quick shipping in the US is great, which is why I tried the lesser ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valyn

Kava Curious
Wakacon was the first brand I used as well and gave me great effects. I still drink it every now and then but I would suggest exploring more brands off Amazon and having them ship to you.

First you have to decide which kind of kava you like, whether it is heavy, heady, or balanced. I would suggest looking into Kalm with Kava and reading the effects & reviews on these forums of each one and then picking one. It's going to be more expensive than Wakacon but the quality and effects from them are good.

I hesitate to give you specific ones since I like light to medium strength kava and I don't want people to complain about a lack of effects since it sounds like you want a kava that is somewhat strong with euphoria & calming effects.

Kava is a learning experience and can take awhile to find the right preparation methods, cultivars, dosage etc. That responds well to you.

Some people in the kava community also rotate & mix between cultivars.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
Hey, I'm new to Kava after I discovered a local Kava bar in my area. I've enjoyed it, but I'm wondering where to buy decent stuff and also curious what you guys like.

View attachment 12895

This has been my primary go to. I like how it's calming but also does give you that euphoria and good mood. Amazon ran out at one point though and I bought two others which weren't great. One was okay, the other just kind of made brown water. I gave it multiple tries, but still not that great (I haven't mentioned either here because I don't want to trash them publicly based on my own subjective experience, but I'm cool with praising one I like, even if I'm looking for something better.)

So, what do you all go for, and where do you get it? Quick shipping in the US is great, which is why I tried the lesser ones.
I second Valyn on starting with Kalm With Kava. If you look on the right sidebar on the home page of kava forums, you can find a list of recommended vendors that you can choose from. The only other advice that I would give is that I would personally start a person new to kava with a good fijian kava. Wakacon is fairly weak in my opinion, but it works. I would look up Fiji Vanua Loloma Waka on amazon if you are looking in that specific price range. It's slightly stronger for a dollar more. Ultimately, I understand that you probably don't want to spend to much trying out kava for the first time, but going up to the $60.00 range can produce better effects.