What's new

Which kava is good for daily use?

D

Deleted User01

Any kava that has been tested and is 100 percent noble is a daily kava. Anything that is Two-day-ish (Tudei) is not for everyday use. The Islanders would use those type of kavas for ceremonial/religious purposes. However, on those special days, they didn't sit around all night slamming shells (like they usually did when the good ole boys got together).

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Any kava is good for daily use if you ask me... as long as it's got KL's. Yes, I avoid tudei, got to go to work in the morning, but if you order from the main vendors here you're unlikely to get tudei.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Top ones... GHK, KWK, thekavaroots, Kavafied. Others though, check the reviews.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
KWK Borongoru works quite well for me. Makes me cozy and calm. Good for using pre going out on a non alcohol night with friends. It's a more "heavy" kava so it's more focused on body effects and usually preferred for a nighttime kava, but I find it effective all around.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I drink Kava when I'm not working, and that's essentially what my life looks like. Work, Kava. On some weekends, I'll start drinking Kava around 10 A.M and get really krunked, then I'll de-krunk, and krunk again at night.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
KWK Borongoru works quite well for me. Makes me cozy and calm. Good for using pre going out on a non alcohol night with friends. It's a more "heavy" kava so it's more focused on body effects and usually preferred for a nighttime kava, but I find it effective all around.
I'm guessing some of us got ahold of a weak batch in the last shipment of KWK Borongoru, by all accounts. It's certainly not "bad" and it is kava, doesn't seem adulterated in any way. Just not krunk material.

As for habits, I have learned and mastered the art of the two separate krunks a day trick and it works, and is fun on the weekends. You can krunk in the morning and then dekrunk and do a ton of yard work or job work or intellectual work and then krunk the night away. I have also learned now how to just float through the day drinking shell after shell of mild grog and krunk out at night on the heavy. I call that the Willie Nelson Option and I calculate I can do that for about $200 per month. It's awfully tempting. I like floating through the day, totally competent, retaining one's "edge" but just happy and floating. And then krunk at night, yeah, that's cool, too.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I'm guessing some of us got ahold of a weak batch in the last shipment of KWK Borongoru, by all accounts. It's certainly not "bad" and it is kava, doesn't seem adulterated in any way. Just not krunk material.

As for habits, I have learned and mastered the art of the two separate krunks a day trick and it works, and is fun on the weekends. You can krunk in the morning and then dekrunk and do a ton of yard work or job work or intellectual work and then krunk the night away. I have also learned now how to just float through the day drinking shell after shell of mild grog and krunk out at night on the heavy. I call that the Willie Nelson Option and I calculate I can do that for about $200 per month. It's awfully tempting. I like floating through the day, totally competent, retaining one's "edge" but just happy and floating. And then krunk at night, yeah, that's cool, too.
Yeah KWK specifically mentioned that. I ordered some new stuff and asked for the new batch which is supposedly going to be more potent.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's funny that you gents should mention that. I never got a great deal from my bag of boronguru but I bought mine a long time ago, used it, didn't get much from it and so didn't order more. I wonder if a similar thing happened then because I was certainly using sufficient quantity in the end. I was just getting my prep together at the time but everything else was working just fine at the time. Maybe it's just one of those strains that doesn't work for me, or maybe a batch like you are talking about back then?

N

Noname

I tried borongoru years ago and then thought i would give it another shot and ordered more few days ago and got the same result. Not bashing on kwk everyone is differnt when it comes to kava. I got loa waka from a kava bar they told me it was the strongest kava they had but it was almost like borongoru in terms of effects didn't get much from loa waka either but I can tell it was a good kava tasted like peppers fried in mud lol. But fiji waka I get great results

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I tried borongoru years ago and then thought i would give it another shot and ordered more few days ago and got the same result. Not bashing on kwk everyone is differnt when it comes to kava. I got loa waka from a kava bar they told me it was the strongest kava they had but it was almost like borongoru in terms of effects didn't get much from loa waka either but I can tell it was a good kava tasted like peppers fried in mud lol. But fiji waka I get great results
Pouni ono is the only heady kava I can drink, I still have a very small amount of micro from a large bag I bought quite a while ago. The borogu is really nice for me, I've tried med grind and micro and I like both. I didn't get on with Loa Waka or Boronguru but everyone is different and there are so many good reports about those two that you can't assume there's something wrong with the kava, it's just down to personal taste and the way it affects you.

N

Noname

Yup. I've never had a pure heady kava I think I'll try pouni Ono some time

Jimmyricky

Kava Curious
Yup. I've never had a pure heady kava I think I'll try pouni Ono some time
Sorry to break it to you but unfortunately Pouni Ono wont be offered for a while as their plants need to mature before harvesting. I forgot how long it was maybe 6 more months? But look for it every so often and you'll get some eventually :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I confess I, too, am a Fijian kava man. Looks like we react to kavas in very similar ways. It'll be useful to compare notes, I think.

N

Noname

Yea y not.i also got good results from fiji kadavu but wakacon waka few years ago and it was very weak.. Dua na Bilo and kava field supreme also works great with me