What's new

Which vendors test their kava?

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I was wondering which kava vendors, especially those whom participate on here at kavaforums, test their kava. I especially would love to hear from the vendors directly, but everyone feel free to share what they have heard.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I was wondering which kava vendors, especially those whom participate on here at kavaforums, test their kava. I especially would love to hear from the vendors directly, but everyone feel free to share what they have heard.
If you do a little digging through the vendors forums, you'll find all the info you are looking for.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
If you do a little digging through the vendors forums, you'll find all the info you are looking for.
I was able to find some, others I couldn't find anything. I just thought it would be a useful resource to have the info in one thread- something like the price spreadsheet. But for tested quality of the kava.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
For example I was trying to find out if GHK tests for nobility and couldn't find anything. Anybody know?

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Yes, thank you- I know his varieties are 'known to be noble', I am hoping to find out if they are 'tested to confirm nobility'
I'm almost certain they are tested (for microbes, mold, aerial parts, etc.), but concerning nobility (or noble-ness? :LOL:) that's not really necessary. The varieties Chris grows are only noble, traditional kava varieties from Hawai'i (e.g. Mo'i, Hiwa, Mahakea, Papa Kea, Nene,...), which have been planted for decades on his family's farm. Also, he is one of our most respectable and trustworthy kava farmers/vendors.

But of course you're right to ask for test results -- there are many vendors out there, and one has to be careful.

Last edited: