What's new

Powdered Kava Review White Sand Kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I really like this kava. I've tried it twice now both times during the day and it's treated me nicely both times. It's a pretty fine grind, lots of loose powder with some bigger bits of root in it, quite light coloured. It looks, tastes and feels very similar to Black Sand which is confusing but they are subtly different so I will do a review for both separately.

I used about 3 tbsps. into 2 cups of water/milk and blended the first time I used it, aluballed the second. The taste was on the mild side but with the distinguishable Vanuatu pepperiness in the background, not overpowering. It numbs the mouth and throat mildly but noticeably and effects come on fairly quickly. I would describe this kava as very relaxing, not particularly heavy and not wildly heady but somewhere in the middle tending to heady. This is brilliant for daytime to take off the anxiety, you can feel your muscles loosen but not through heavy effects of the kava but more just as your whole being starts to relax and wind down. You can still think and function clearly after drinking a decent shell of this kava, you could go about your day no problem after but just be gently uplifted by the waves of relaxation it produces.

I can imagine a stronger batch for a longer session being quite sedative but I didn't feel any sedation during the day at all with this kava. The effects wore off with no discernible side effects. I was drinking plenty of water throughout which probably helped. I'm looking forward to a longer session with this root and I'll post more below once I've taken it for a longer ride.