What's new

whole roots in juicer?

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Anyone tried this.I work at a health bar located in a health food store.we have a really nice juicer I can put whatever in.
Do you mean fresh kava root chopped in a blender? Or dry? Fresh is pulverized incredibly fine in a Ninja 1,500 Watt Blender. A colleague uses Vita-mix but that warms. My personal experience with the resulting beverage made using the Ninja has been very positive.

Krunʞy

Chillin @ 40g
Admin
Do you mean fresh kava root chopped in a blender? Or dry? Fresh is pulverized incredibly fine in a Ninja 1,500 Watt Blender. A colleague uses Vita-mix but that warms. My personal experience with the resulting beverage made using the Ninja has been very positive.
Would a high end Juicer work to extract the juice better? I've had one in my kitchen for a long time.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Would a high end Juicer work to extract the juice better? I've had one in my kitchen for a long time.
I've not tried using a juicer for fresh root juice making...one thing to keep in mind is that if you run fresh root / stump through a juicer* you will end up with--
1. --pure juice (like carrot only kava) and 2. -- pulp...you'll totally need to take that pulp and lomi, strain through nut butter bag or something similar to full utilze the fresh root/stump.
* assuming it will not just clog up, and over heat the juicer.

Krunʞy

Chillin @ 40g
Admin
I've not tried using a juicer for fresh root juice making...one thing to keep in mind is that if you run fresh root / stump through a juicer* you will end up with--
1. --pure juice (like carrot only kava) and 2. -- pulp...you'll totally need to take that pulp and lomi, strain through nut butter bag or something similar to full utilze the fresh root/stump.
* assuming it will not just clog up, and over heat the juicer.
I put whole sweet potatoes through this one and it doesn't have a problem, on a higher speed which I believe is around 2,000 rpms. I didn't consider the pulp though, I suppose I'll need to experiment. I'll report back.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Could you imagine drinking fruit juice that was made right after kava was juiced though? I can't imagine it doesn't linger around in there!

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Could you imagine drinking fruit juice that was made right after kava was juiced though? I can't imagine it doesn't linger around in there!
Oops I accidentally spiked the fruit juice..
Said no one.. ever... I'm sure of it...

Kava has almost ruined my magic bullet cup lol.