What's new

Whoops- mistake regular for instant.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
So I made a stupid mistake guys. I weighed 4 grams N@H Fire Island Instant Kava, drank it down....

Only then I realised it was the Solomon regular kava by mistake.

Does anybody have experience with this? I am already very unwell and just would want to avoid further complications or setbacks but I've never really heard much specifically about this.

It was only 4 grams, so I am hoping that any side effects will not be too severe how long lasting.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I made a stupid mistake guys. I weighed 4 grams N@H Fire Island Instant Kava, drank it down....

Only then I realised it was the Solomon regular kava by mistake.

Does anybody have experience with this? I am already very unwell and just would want to avoid further complications or setbacks but I've never really heard much specifically about this.

It was only 4 grams, so I am hoping that any side effects will not be too severe how long lasting.
You'll be just fine. I've consumed much more than that raw and while my stomach didn't thank me, I was okay.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
You'll be just fine. I've consumed much more than that raw and while my stomach didn't thank me, I was okay.
Thanks, much appreciated. It just suddenly hit me, how little comprehension I have regarding the consequences of consuming the root whole.

It wasn't the finest grind, but it also wasn't that coarse either.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Well, it was no major biggie in the end. I did have some major G.I. discomfory, but this occurs frequently due to ongping digestive problems and constipation.

But my digestive system recovered surprisingly well by today. I was only concerned about short term negative effects on my ultra sensntive digestive syetem.

I looked more closely at the Solomom Gold today. Fairly finely ground actually, not as much as KSNZ, but more than any fijian kava I have tried so far.

I will take more care in future, lesson learned!