What's new

Why is K@ available in Kavabars, why not Scel or Mulungu instead?

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I deal with ALOT of pain and use it daily.
Read about ALCAR + ALA (or acetyl-L-carnitine plus alpha-lipoic acid) against neural chronic pain. TLDR about gram of the former and half of the latter a day for a month causes diarrhea in 15% of subjects and about 20% pain reduction for ischiadica, diabetic neuropathy, chronic back pain and HIV neuropathy. Nothing to scoff at, considering that neural pain is difficult to treat, and alternatives are pregabalin, amitriptylin, tramadol and, perhaps, carbamazepin that have their own adverse effects.

If it is just osteoarthritis then read about wonders of boron supplementation. Hyaluronic acid plus chondroitin sulfate to the mix.

No wonder drugs. Just top shelf. Assembled it from many papers for my patients.

There is one brief summary.

Last edited:

Crowe

Kava Curious
I was addicted to opiates for about 5 years after hurting my back and nearly breaking my neck. Starts off harmless enough but then you are doubling and tripling the dosage to achieve the same results and then mixing in alcohol. But I was always functional. But of course sleepiness occasional slurred speech. I'm lucky my wife loved me enough to stay and see me through it. I looked at K@ but it is illegal where I live. Luckily I found out about kava. Its not perfect, but it keeps me out of trouble by scratching that itch. I'm just thankful to God that I always stayed away from the other evils around me. I live close to the meth capital of my state.

Blergs

Kava Curious
Read about ALCAR + ALA (or acetyl-L-carnitine plus alpha-lipoic acid) against neural chronic pain. TLDR about gram of the former and half of the latter a day for a month causes diarrhea in 15% of subjects and about 20% pain reduction for ischiadica, diabetic neuropathy, chronic back pain and HIV neuropathy. Nothing to scoff at, considering that neural pain is difficult to treat, and alternatives are pregabalin, amitriptylin, tramadol and, perhaps, carbamazepin that have their own adverse effects.

If it is just osteoarthritis then read about wonders of boron supplementation. Hyaluronic acid plus chondroitin sulfate to the mix.

No wonder drugs. Just top shelf. Assembled it from many papers for my patients.

There is one brief summary.

Thanks!

I'll also pass along to my friend that recently started gabapentin.

Blergs

Kava Curious
I was addicted to opiates for about 5 years after hurting my back and nearly breaking my neck. Starts off harmless enough but then you are doubling and tripling the dosage to achieve the same results and then mixing in alcohol. But I was always functional. But of course sleepiness occasional slurred speech. I'm lucky my wife loved me enough to stay and see me through it. I looked at K@ but it is illegal where I live. Luckily I found out about kava. Its not perfect, but it keeps me out of trouble by scratching that itch. I'm just thankful to God that I always stayed away from the other evils around me. I live close to the meth capital of my state.
Glad to hear you are doing better!
And thank you for input!

Yeah I've researched alot into it. I'm avid about kava still, bit doesn't do much for me for pain and I avoid any pain pills from doc. But any bit helps :)
Yes I know on upping dose etc. I keep it below 6g, usually 3-5g per dose, 2-4x a day depending how bad the day is, and take a break or cut dose once and a while if I feel it being less effective, and push through the day or few.
I don't drink alcohol at all anymore also. I was drinking way too often at one point. Never getting trashed or anything, but it adds up, especially daily :/ .