What's new

Why we get out of bed.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
A Short Story of Why we make an effort to do our best.

I'd like to share how a single person's reaction to the Kava samples we hand out at the Farmer's Market changed our lives.

A few years ago, we acquired the financing which was needed to expand our business. This was before the website, before the experimental farm we set up, before we purchased the 30 HP in machinery to grind kava in a warehouse, before hunting down each and every one of the 13 Hawaiian cultivars of kava to be grown at our little farm, before setting up the nursery and fields of kava etc etc.

We were at a cross roads at the time.  We had a flourishing food business along with the kava business (each was 50% of revenue with the dips being a bit higher actually) and it was really tough managing both.

Finally we had the financing to do either one really WELL. The only way to do something, anything: is to study and develop it till we reach the end of life. 

During this time, an charming elderly Japanese man in his late 70's walked by our table one regular market day and we gave him our usual schpeel about what kava is, what it does, which medications it should not be mixed with (something we emphasize with the elderly just to be sure there are no reactions) etc. 

He bought a bag and left.

Bear in mind, this was a time We were still undecided about keeping our dips business or not. We made a fantastic range of hummus at the time. Some of the flavors were:  Wasabi Green Onion with Black Sesame Seeds, Hawaiian Pineapple roasted Jalapeno, Italian Sweet Basil and Sun Dried Tomato,  Roasted Garlic and Dill, 7 Pepper Hot, Indian Curry etc. There were several more in there.

Two Whole Foods wanted everything we could produce. SEVEN Branches of KTA stores (Hawaii Island's LARGEST chain on the Big Island) said the same thing.

It was looking good! :)

A week or two later, this same Japanese man returned with the biggest smile on his face. He said he had arthirits and had a lot of trouble moving his arms.

After saying this, he started flapping his arms like a little bird in the middle of the market, smiling, saying "I can move my arms!" and other things like 'that kava helped me' etc.

Adil, the man behind the booth and the Owner of both companies, had a tear in his eye.

Shortly after, we disbanded the dips business (it's still for sale) and this dear old man was the sign we was looking for.

We had to pursue the perfection of kava, if the results were so phenomenal for people.

Over the years, we've heard amazing responses to kava like " I got off sleeping pills" or "I used to take this med, or that med".

I even remember this elderly lady who regained her neck mobility after applying our muscle salve and she started looking left to right and right to left, repeatedly, saying that this simple motion was difficult before, without pain.

Many beautiful stories like these get us out of bed and keep our compass set for the best possible course. 

Sincerely,
Adil Ghiasi
CEO and President, ParadiseKava.Com

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
This is a great place to be-you found your calling.  Someone (Confucius maybe)  said "do what you love and it will never be work"  If you love what you do the money will come with due time.

That is a beautiful story.  Kava's healing properties are part of my love of it.  I've never felt better.  Your story inspires me.  I've come up with a unique use for kava and I'm going to try my hand at making a new product with kava.  For a women who never wanted anything beyond her one story house and her family, now I catch myself dreaming of bigger things.  I have kava to thank for that.  Even if my business never works out, I'll still have my house, my family, and my kava. =)

kl.pep

Kava Curious
my hands used to sweat profusely before Kava, and now they are dry, which is a godsend since i have to shake peoples hands daily in my line of work. Other than some upset stomach, I don't really notice anything "bad"-not like other things i've tried.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Well, I'll make sure I buy a bag of ISA next time I order from you. I'll let you know if it makes me a better person.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
paradisekava said:
A few years ago, we acquired the financing which was needed to expand our business. This was before the website, before the experimental farm we set up, before we purchased the 30 HP in machinery to grind kava in a warehouse, before hunting down each and every one of the 13 Hawaiian cultivars of kava to be grown at our little farm, before setting up the nursery and fields of kava etc etc.
I know it's a bit late for 2013, but how about a calendar?  You can choose the most attractive or distinctive to be on the cover of perhaps as a centerfold.  I currently have a sunset calendar, so that I can look forward to kava time whenever I see it.  I would buy this calendar.  Seriously, I'm that into kava.