What's new

Word on Solomon

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
I randomly emailed N@H about the solomon and they said the FDA is sampling it and it should be up in less than a week.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
There's a lot red tape in an import business that deals with any kind of food or supplement. I know people who import Shea Butter from Ghana and customs seizes 3% of shipping containers, searches them, and then makes the business pay for everything. It can cost up to $10,000 in unanticipated fees. A business can be put in red ink before it even makes its first sale.

kl.kavanah

Kava Curious
oooh eeeh. What up with that?

srsly tho. SI is awesome. I need to order some more kava soon but was waiting for it to be available again. Why the focus on SI? Maybe there's something else in it?

Anything comparable to SI available atm? I've tried SI, Tongan, that Hawaiian awa that went in 3 days, WOW, an instant from N@H. That's all I think. SI was my fav of the bunch, second was maybe Tongan.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
If there is a legitimate reason it can't be released (contamination, etc.) then so be it. I would like to know the reason. My suspicion is big brother government deciding what is good for us. Such a hypocritical society we live in. Store shelves overflowing with alcohol but we shouldn't drink kava. I hope my rant is unwarranted and this is not a sign of things to come.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Project460 said:
Solomon is still seized, and probably wont be released. Hes had 4 shipments within the last week be seized..
This is a terrible, terrible sign. I wonder what is happening...

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Not sure what the deal is. They have been getting solomon island kava for who knows how long and this hasent happened. Whats the difference? I just think maybe kava is becoming more and more popular, and the FDA does not like that one bit. Still dosent explain why they let through other types of kava no problem (vanuatu,tongan,etc.). I think another reason might be like you said douglas, not much people drink kava in the Solomon Islands, so that might be a part of the reason. Who knows.......

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Project460 said:
Not sure what the deal is. They have been getting solomon island kava for who knows how long and this hasent happened. Whats the difference? I just think maybe kava is becoming more and more popular, and the FDA does not like that one bit. Still dosent explain why they let through other types of kava no problem (vanuatu,tongan,etc.). I think another reason might be like you said douglas, not much people drink kava in the Solomon Islands, so that might be a part of the reason. Who knows.......
Actually, Solomon Kava is their newest addition and they only started selling it last summer. Trade with the Solomons indeed could be the problem, there can't be that much stuff being shipped to the US from the Solomon Islands.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Well, as long as we're going to discuss politics here...

The best way to think about the government is to see it as a specialized segment of industry groups. Most of the money needed to become an elected or re-elected official is going to come from various lobby groups. The FDA is the government arm of Big Pharma. If kava becomes popular again and people abandon their Prozac and their Valium, it will ruin a multi-billion dollar industry.

The basic problem is that what could be called the "life sequence of value" is at odds with what could be called "the money sequence of value." When people are stressed and turn to Prozac, they go see a doctor who writes them a prescription, who they take to a pharmacy to be filled. This person's nightmare life is keeping all these people employed, and raising the Gross Domestic Product. The more people who have nightmare lives that they medicate themselves against, the higher the GDP, which is a measure of economic "health," but of human sickness.

I do wish Nakamal@Home the best of luck with the situation. I thought that Vanuatu Kava Store might have just ripped me off, when I receive a notice in the mail saying I have a package from them to pick up. When the mailman at the counter hands it to me, there's instant kava powder coming out of the bag, a big green strip that says "HOMELAND SECURITY" ... and when I open the mailing package, I see my kava has been cut open and pretty much spilled everywhere.

It's pretty fucked up.

kl.ericm53

Kava Curious
We are not going to get Solomon Kava any more cause the Customs seized it here in USA  (no papers to prove of no bugs & insects) and the Solomon natives don't have any way to prove that. We always pay up front for full amount of Solomon Kava and we are going to bite our loss. Sorry !!!!

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
ouch, and van3 was pulled from kbr's website (don't know when it will be back).

So, anyway to order directly from Solomon? The fda probably doesn't check *all* small packages.