What's new

Wow Kava

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Nakamal @ Home Kava is doing the trick lately. Two tbsp of Wow kava in an aluball, and two washes, and I feel deep sedation, my arms get slightly numb and lightweight, and I'm very happy. It definitely slows down my motor dexterity quite a bit, and I start feeling like my friends are really awesome and I'm compelled to tell them how awesome I think they are. That's the best way I can describe it.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Nakamal @ Home Kava is doing the trick lately. Two tbsp of Wow kava in an aluball, and two washes, and I feel deep sedation, my arms get slightly numb and lightweight, and I'm very happy. It definitely slows down my motor dexterity quite a bit, and I start feeling like my friends are really awesome and I'm compelled to tell them how awesome I think they are. That's the best way I can describe it.
Been a while since I’ve had it, going to have to give it another go

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I find the wow kava from N@H is awesome. I remember when 1/4 of a lb cost 30-40$.. now you can get 1 kg for 58$. Great deal.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hey good guys and ladies on this recently typically strange Wednesday. Hope everybody is okay.

I have to say that I am really growing to like this WoW kava.

I decided to try it based on hearing @Edward say how it was one of his favourite ever pet remedies, which intrigued me because I know he likes to use only the highest quality medicine for the best outcome.

Anyway to begin with I wasn't so keen on it but now I am finding that out of all of the different cultivars I have tried it is possibly the best at immediately snapping me out of a mega stressed out mental state and getting me into a purely peaceful and totally relaxed place.

At first I felt it was not giving me enough mental stimulation vs the heavier relaxation and slightly sedative effects but now it seems to be just about perfect for my current requirements.

Very noticeable anxiolysis effect with no anxiety or jitteriness although definitely potentt enough to bring on some nausea with a substantial session.

I do believe how we feel about very different cultivars can change in time.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I went through my last half pound of Wow pretty quickly. I'm doing about 40g traditional prep now, as I've found it's actually less work than an Aluball. I still love the Aluball for the convenience, but when I'm at home it's traditional.

Stone has stronger relaxation. I posted a thread called "Stone Wow" somewhere, in which I described the effect of molasses slowly moving from my head through my body downward.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Hey good guys and ladies on this recently typically strange Wednesday. Hope everybody is okay.

I have to say that I am really growing to like this WoW kava.

I decided to try it based on hearing @Edward say how it was one of his favourite ever pet remedies, which intrigued me because I know he likes to use only the highest quality medicine for the best outcome.

Anyway to begin with I wasn't so keen on it but now I am finding that out of all of the different cultivars I have tried it is possibly the best at immediately snapping me out of a mega stressed out mental state and getting me into a purely peaceful and totally relaxed place.

At first I felt it was not giving me enough mental stimulation vs the heavier relaxation and slightly sedative effects but now it seems to be just about perfect for my current requirements.

Very noticeable anxiolysis effect with no anxiety or jitteriness although definitely potentt enough to bring on some nausea with a substantial session.

I do believe how we feel about very different cultivars can change in time.
I've tried to find out what kavas N@H sell is heady or heavy. By your description it seems like WoW is a heavy kava? I think I've read that Black sands is also heavy, but I am not sure. Do you know if Stone is a heady one?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I've tried to find out what kavas N@H sell is heady or heavy. By your description it seems like WoW is a heavy kava? I think I've read that Black sands is also heavy, but I am not sure. Do you know if Stone is a heady one?
Well first of all the really simple bit- Stone is certainly not classified as heady, but more the total opposite by most. I only have tried stone twice- not my cuppa kava!

I have not tried the Black Sand, but I think it will lean more towards heavy than heady, white sand leaning more towards heady but both more balanced.

WoW is unique. It is like a hybrid weed strain which gives you a bit of everything. Immediate nice heady euphoria, uplifted mood, and strong and lasting physical, muscular relaxation, but not outright heavy.

I like the WoW most of all for it's mood boosting and anti-anxiety effects, despite it being quite physically strong and relaxing.

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
Just got a bag of Wow, first one since January or so. I’m not sure if my memory is off— Wow has always been light colored and very light smelling but this batch doesn’t have a whiff of typical kava smell. I’ve never smelled any kava quite like this batch before. Excited and a bit unsure to try it! Batch number is 20201021A..maybe it’s just really recently processed?

PurimGrogger

Because "Shell Silverstein" was already taken
I just received this batch as well. I did not notice anything particularly different about the aroma, but I also don't have distinct memories of same. I also did not notice any marked difference in taste or potency. Not to say there isn't one, but nothing has jumped out at me as being different.

PurimGrogger

I just received this batch as well. I did not notice anything particularly different about the aroma, but I also don't have distinct memories of same. I also did not notice any marked difference in taste or potency. Not to say there isn't one, but nothing has jumped out at me as being different.
I should also add that I have ordered Wow multiple times over the past few months so I may have missed changes that you may be noticing upon revisiting it after several months.

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
I should also add that I have ordered Wow multiple times over the past few months so I may have missed changes that you may be noticing upon revisiting it after several months.
the taste isn’t totally new— this particular batch seems to have zero of that peppery, bula face inducing Vanuatu flavor and an abundance of almond milk like sweetness— the first thing I thought when I tasted is was ‘almond biscotti’ crazy as that sounds.

PurimGrogger

I agree with that. Reminds me of some of the "lighter" tasting BKH kavas, those that remind me of the milk left in the bottom of the bowl of a nutty cereal, although the consistency/mouth feel is not quite like that. . .