What's new

Wow

M

mlenny

I got some ISA (I know, I know) from Root of Happiness. I was extremely nervous to try it for obvious reasons. I have a movement disorder (essential tremor, compounded by lithium treatment for mood disorder) that generally causes me quite a bit of disability. I'm already medicated for it, but it's still pretty bad). I had a very conservative 8 grams of the ISA and, while definitely much heavier than what I normally drink, it appears to have made the tremor disappear almost entirely. Other varietals were either no effect or aggravated it. In the interest of science and possibly to help others, I wanted to put it out there.

Matthew

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Is it their Paupa New Guinea? I enjoyed a half pound of that ISA last summer, and often had 8 gram serving sizes, sometimes 20-30 though. I was mostly drinking it when I didn't have kava, and I was intrigued by the piney flavor and yellow looking brew, which also had the mouth numbing properties of kava. It was not as relaxing as kava for me, though it felt like my muscles melted the first night I tried it, an after work treat, and one time I had it on a hike and felt some relaxing stillness in my thoughts. Thank you Matthew I'm glad you shared this.

M

mlenny

Is it their Paupa New Guinea? I enjoyed a half pound of that ISA last summer, and often had 8 gram serving sizes, sometimes 20-30 though. I was mostly drinking it when I didn't have kava, and I was intrigued by the piney flavor and yellow looking brew, which also had the mouth numbing properties of kava. It was not as relaxing as kava for me, though it felt like my muscles melted the first night I tried it, an after work treat, and one time I had it on a hike and felt some relaxing stillness in my thoughts. Thank you Matthew I'm glad you shared this.
Yes, it's the PNG. Definitely a very strong brew with a powerful pine taste.