What's new

Yet another dermopathy thread...

scampo

Kava Curious
Thing is, not sure if that's what I'm dealing with or not.

Hands and feet - torso, etc is normal. But what I am experiencing is somewhat painful irritation around the eyes - mostly one eye, on the outer corner.

Could be an allergic reaction, weather has been especially cold and dry lately. Anyone ever had this particular symptom? If so, what do you do?

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
I notice certain kavas tend to be worse for me. Hawaiian tend to be instant dry and cracking skin whereas Fiji tend to be less harsh.

Have you been on the same type for a while?

Yes I get it around the eyes a bit. Just lotion it up!

violet

Do all things with love
I sometimes get it around my eyes too. After I got dermopathy on my face, I had the best luck with switching my face wash to plain ole' raw honey once a day at night, just water in the mornings. It helped the dermopathy clear quickly and has done wonders in keeping my skin clear and moisturized overall as well. After washing, I seal the moisture into my skin with oil, currently mixing jojoba and argan, but jojooba is nice by itself (it closely resembles human skin sebum) and I have had good success with macademia nut oil too.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
So its really only around your eyes? Have you been hanging out with Bob Costas?

I've had a little bit of dry eyes that I think was caused by kava before but never painful irritation.

I doubt its an allergic reaction, I wouldn't expect it to be so localized.

scampo

Kava Curious
Nah, I actually just started working on a bag of SI. I hadn't had it in a few weeks - maybe try something different and see if it stays.

Not hanging out with Bob, boy his looks terrible! Mine is just in the outer corners of my eyes, one worse than the other.

How do you guys get that close to they eyes without getting lotion IN the eyes? yes, I have done that, doesn't feel so nice... :)

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I walk around looking like my profile pic!

Im a walking dermo-mess!
lol, na not that bad. but Im pretty dry right now, even while drink 1 gal of water a day.
I get bad from Fu'u.
And it always seems to be around my eyes, and then that part where the hand makes a L between the thumb and pointer.

Recently my lips have been crazy dry, not chapped...just dry

Im done with winter now, I need lazy awa days of summer again :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I use this stuff that my wife gets, it has all kinds of natural things in it and one is honey, it works amazingly well, I use it all the time and I do not have a problem with the dermopothy, if anyone is interested I will get the exact name and what not, I was surprised at how well it worked because I have tried every lotion in the store and they last about 5 min and then back to dry skin, the one my wife gets, lasts all day and into the next, sometimes if I forget to use it for a few days, my skin still looks good. Also, there are some people that are allergic to kava, they get a rash all over, not just in one place, I feel sorry for those that are allergic to kava. :grumpy: Aloha.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yes! Please share. Amlactin sets me ablaze and my daily routine could use some revamping.