What's new

You Know What I'm Doing Tonite?

D

Deleted User01

Normally, I would be looking lovingly at my bottles of Scotch. Stomach a little queasy today and I'm tire of hang overs so ................

I'm horsing down some high Kavain/Octane Honokane Iki as I write this. Then I'm following that up with a metric buttload of Hiwa to end the work day. The Hiwa will knock me on my butt and into the couch where I belong. I deserve a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is Saturday so I have no worries. What are you doing?

D

Deleted User01

I gotta admit, even a lot of Kava is so much milder than 5 Scotchs and a case of alcohol poisoning (hangover). I'm beginning to ease off the booze for that reason alone. I will feel well rested and ready to attack my chores on Saturday. The Kava has been talking to me and now has "my ear".

I've strained 100gm of Malekula Magic, made 4 glasses from it and drank all of them, plus a leftover glass from yesterday and had 4 cans of Kronenbourg 1664 on top of that (5% Beer/Lager). I then discovered there was no food in the fridge and am feeling very sorry for myself LOL

D

Deleted User01

Huhhh? Rot Ro! (as Scoobie Doo would say). Shite mate, the Kava was for today and the beer was for tomorrow. I forgot to send out the memo.

D

Deleted User01

I've mixed the two and that's me out for the count now, I'll try to keep the two separate tomorrow!
There ya go Mate. I know it's a temptation to quench that Kava Deyhration with a cold one. But you must resist. Ok, maybe one. :rolleyes: I've done one before but not in a long time. No ill effects it's just that my liver has taken a pounding for 30 years and suddenly I'm trying to take care of it. "Bout Time!" His liver screams.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I am going to have some of my "Private Reserve" "Hanakapi Ai" and instant no less, I only have a little bit of this and I gotta make it last. :cautious: I don't want to run out too soon, what would i do then? :nailbiting:
This is my all time favorite but Papa Kea is also my favorite, I guess I have 2 favorites. Hay Deleted User01, I sent you a sample of this but in micronized form, it will knock your socks off and Shaka's too just from the shock wave. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Then I'm following that up with a metric buttload of Hiwa to end the work day.
So after the HonoKane Iki, it turns out a metric buttload of Hiwa for me is 1.5 tablespoons of Micronized Hiwa. That stuff is like a stun gun. Thank you Chris. I'm sure I can come up with a special recipe for it. I didn't realize Hawaiian Kava could be so strong. I was liking the "reasonable" effects of some of the others but I guess the Original Islanders brought some "weekend" Kava in their Canoes as they paddled from the Polynesian Islands to Hawaii.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Deleted User01's liver woke up this morning and said WTF? Man I feel great <does ten push-ups, and then crawls back into bed> zzzzzz......I agree with your 'stun gun' Hiwa comment, it's like no other. I could watch paint dry in my Lazyboy for hours on this stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

Kavalot, last nite Deleted User01's brain went into Stun Mode with only one big cocktail of Micronized (after some HonoKane Iki). Today, I'm feeling really good. I'm happy to say that the Kava talked to me last nite and stopped me from overdoing it. My liver always appreciates that because the Scotch has a limited vocabulary. It only says "more, more, more".:smuggrin:

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I love scotch..... coming up to seven years when I gave it all up. I remember at the time I was having many of the same thoughts you posted...tired of hangovers, etc. I was really tired of it competing with my energy and the constant battle with those demons...so I chose to stop runnin' and let it all go. The hardest part and the part I struggle with all the time, is balance. I fight to relax on a good day. It's why I truly love Kava Kava. It has a way of quieting the mind motor like no other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Saturday I downed 2 pints of Kava one after the other and then dove straight into the beer and ended up being quite unwell...no one to blame but myself for being so greedy. I had an awful nights sleep, and on Sunday touched nothing and had an awful nights sleep and again last night it was bad. Tonight I am going back to the Kava and no bloody beer this time.

D

Deleted User01

Global, back when I was young, I would have told you "Dude, your an animal". And that would have been a high complement amongst us Dudes. Two pints of Kava is a lot. I do half a pint and I'm 'bout done. That's the problem with booze anymore, I get more fitful sleep with alcohol but I get deep sleep with Kava. So as much as I love beer, wine, and scotch; I seem to crave the deep sleep more. This is why I have 4 Kegs of Homebrew that are getting stale. I hit them once a week or twice if I'm lucky. The Kava is like my wife, she has my ear and ain't letting up. Always talking to me .....:rolleyes:

I usually do about a pint over 2 different glasses but I just went overboard and then went the whole hog with the beer on top. I've had a relationship with alcohol around 17 years now, a very full on relationship. The year and a half visit to Vanuatu took me away from the alcohol habit and placed me firmly in the Kava lifestyle, I'm trying to get back to that stage now. I rarely have more than 8 beers in the fridge these days and sometimes only 4 (unheard of a few years ago), and rarely drink more than 6 at a time. In saying that I drink around 5 days out of 7 so it's not a perfect situation at all and I think you know exactly what I mean LOL. I have to have my Kava shipped from Ireland to England at the moment as I'm here on business and I keep forgetting to get the guys to send it to me on time haha, I need to make sure I'm fully stocked all the time!

I usually only drink the beer on top of the Kava to stop the anxiety I unfortunately get from Kava. I'm working on cutting out my greedy drink it all at once mentality and space out my Kava so I don't get the anxiety to the extent where I have to drink a beer to take the edge off.

D

Deleted User01

In many respects, your are preaching to the choir. What concerns me the most is the anxiety you get from Kava. That is not helpful at all. You may need to revisit the type of Kavas you drink, the quantity you drink, and the spacing of the shells. When I first started Kava, I wanted to get "stoned". Now, that is the last thing on my mind. I have matured as a Kava drinker (age wise I'm plenty mature). Try drinking less Kava and spacing it apart. When you start feeling comfortable, then stop drinking. Find something you can do at night to take advantage of the relaxed feeling. Listening to audiobooks, reading books, watching the TV, work on a hobby, Yoga, Walking, Working out, etc. Something that is "single minded". I think we have been programmed to consume our Intoxicants a certain way and we need to deprogram ourselves. We need to learn to reach a relaxed state of mind, stop at that point, and be satisfied with that. The Kava is supposed to help turn off the Not Stop Mindless Chatter in our minds that makes it hard for us to relax. Concentrate on turning that off. I love it when the "Mindless Chatter Channel" is turned off. Learn to live in your own "relaxed" skin so to speak. A skin that is not drunk or krunked. (Yeah, it can happen). By the way, I will be the guest speaker at the Dr. Phil Show this Friday. :D

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I think we have been programmed to consume our Intoxicants a certain way and we need to deprogram ourselves. We need to learn to reach a relaxed state of mind, stop at that point, and be satisfied with that. The Kava is supposed to help turn off the Not Stop Mindless Chatter in our minds that makes it hard for us to relax. :D
Well said, that's exactly what kava does for me. It quiets the 15 different rabbit trails my mind takes at one time and I'm able to be more present and just comfortable in my own skin.

Kava anxiety is something to be concerned with like you said. I found that higher DHM/body kavas don't help so much with anxiety and can sometimes give another edge to my already present anxiety. That's why i tend to prefer higher kavain/mental relaxation types of kava. It's worth experimenting with, at least.

I still find times for alcohol, I've been sick with a bad chest cold so i'm using bourbon medicinally in some herbal teas to loosen up the crud. Haven't touched kava during this time, just seems like it isn't the right medicine for me at this time. Once i'm better and off the OTC remedies you bet I'll be listening to, and swimming in, the kava!

D

Deleted User01

Tidyminion. Today is wine day. No Kava for me. I have a half bottle of red wine in the fridge left over from Sunday. So I'm am not giving up alcohol but I'm learning to drink in Moderation. I must admit that I only drink Kava on certain days to avoid the Dermo issue. Never had it and I don't want it. Hawaiian Lore has it that islanders would deliberately go on Kava Binges so they could get dermopathy. Then they would quit cold turkey and the dead skin would peel off leaving a nice shiny new skin behind it. It was their way of doing a skin peel.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Also, i'll throw this out there. I've never been able to drink too much kava. If it starts making me feel queasy then I stop and eat something or drink a ginger beer. If I feel fine after that then i'll continue drinking kava or I'll just stop. My body lets me know when it's time to stop. Compared to alchohol, the more I drink the more fuzzy that time/line becomes until it's nonexistent and I get in to trouble. Kava just feels like a much more natural/intuitive experience in general.