What's new

You Know What I'm Doing Tonite?

D

Deleted User01

I agree with that too. The first shell goes down easy. Kinda like the first cold beer when you are tired and thirsty. As I approach my limit, it gets harder to drink and I don't crave it anymore. But I think I learned how to drink Kava over a period of time. At the beginning, I just wanted to hold my nose and drink a bunch. That is the way that I was programmed to drink alcohol. No matter what your age, there is plenty of room for maturity in the way you think and act.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of a good bourbon or scotch, love Guiness but can't drink that or most regular beer due to a gluten/wheat intolerance. Kinda limits the options there. Went with gluten free beer for a while, actually some decent ones out there but still didn't feel great after even 1 sometimes. Like wine well enough but get bad headaches after a few sips. I call it the "instant hangover" effect. I'm the guy now who totes bottles of muddy brown liquid to parties and spends most of the time explaining to people what the deal is haha. But it's ok, cause I feel great then and will feel better than 90-100% of the heavy partying folk the next day.

D

Deleted User01

Wine and chocolates can trigger migraines in many people. But lugging bottles of mud around. Dude, I'm the Mixologist. I have been working hard on giving you the solution to that problem. Get some Pina Colada and mix and dump 2 tablespoons of micronized in their and plenty of ice. Put a slice of lemon on the side of the glass. Now you look like everyone else at the party except you will be driving them home.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Oh yeh, timing is key with kava. You can really start to unlock different levels of experience over time once a good ritual or pace is developed. I like to have some fresh fruit around so I eat a bite or 2 after a shell to help with taste and also so that it's not just mud in my stomach. I also find that if i start a session drinking a (about 4 oz) shell every 15 minutes that over time it becomes more like a shell every 20-25 minutes.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Haha, Chief Deleted User01 by no means do i mean disrespect i'm just commenting on the look of the kava. Most people immediately turn their nose up at it just looking at it. Although I will admit to taking shortcuts on flavoring. If I flavor at all (which I feel I'm going through a Renaissance phase of just straight grog lately) I'll use coffee creamers, coconut milk and/or that very nice Silk Dark Chocolate almond milk. That usually does the trick and makes it palatable for most people trying it out. My girlfriend always wants about 1 part coffee creamer to 2 parts kava but I can take it or leave it. I do that and end up feeling overly sugared or just too much in my gut that's not kava. Gotta say though that colada mix sounds simple and delicious...

Trying to get a hold on some GHK micronized to try a more Gourmet approach but I gotta iron out some Paypal issues first :banghead: