What's new

Your opinion on Fiji waka

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Recently I have seen a couple people talk about how they enjoy Fiji waka. So I think when I make my next order I will add a pound of this to try it out. What are your experience and feelings towards this kava? Thanks a lot and bula!

kl.c double

Kava Curious
Hopefully I'll know in a couple of days.. in the mean time I noticed that Fiji Waka is for sale on Ebay for less than what I paid on the website. The photos look just the same as the ones on the site, too.

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
I've had tremendous success with Fiji Waka. It's light in tast and provides a great body experience. I highly recommend it!

Hey, thought this would be a great opportunity for a first post. I am not a highly experienced kava drinker, but I have tried a few different varieties. So far, Fiji Waka is my favorite. The second time I made a batch, I had the best "muscle melt" feeling I've experienced. I tend to mix some Waka into almost every batch I make; my favorite mix at the moment is Waka+Fu'u. Hope you enjoy it.

kl.c double

Kava Curious
This is the only kava root ive tried and I'm surprised at the mild taste. I find it much more palatable than K@ tea or hard liquor. Still yet to feel any effects except for maybe a little drowsiness. I'm going to address my reverse tolerance in another post in the appropriate forum so please if you have a chance, stop by and offer your advice.

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
I am getting a pound of Fiji Waka and a pound of Rex's special Vanuatu3 in a couple days. It's on it's way from Hawaii right now(smiley: eek)

In the past these have always been great but soon I will give ya'll an update.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
odys1i said:
I am getting a pound of Fiji Waka and a pound of Rex's special Vanuatu3 in a couple days. It's on it's way from Hawaii right now(smiley: eek)

In the past these have always been great but soon I will give ya'll an update.
you must have gotten the last of them. Now they only have Tongan pride

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
Morning Star...(smiley: devil) I have been buying from Rex for a long time now. He had a couple of pounds of Waka left and a couple of Vanutau3, (which he sent me a sample of years ago before he started offering on the site). I was just about to order a pound of Waka but then saw he removed it! So I sent him an email asking to be on the Waka-list & he sold them to me, (yay!)(smiley: roll) Gotta luv& respect the Rex 
I was going to try the Waka tonight but I have read some fairly recent bad press around here on  the Vanuatu3 so I will probably try that just to make sure it's still as nice as I remember it. I'll report back tomorrow, tomorrow... etc etc(smiley: laugh)

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
I made about 4 shells with 3 1/2 tablespoons of Vanuatu3, then made another one with the used kava ball. Just dumped it in a nylon wrapped it up soaked it in warm water for 15 minutes and squeezed out a very nice bowl of kava. Very light colored, mild tasting but peppery and the effects are very nice, but not so strong that I won't be able to try the Waka later on tonight. Both kavas are very finely milled so you can mix them right up without having to use a blender. This batch does seem maybe slightly not as strong as I remember Vanuatu3, but the effects are very well rounded, feels like plenty of kavain and very smooth. Rex probably provides the best value on the web. Consistently good root and reasonable prices.