What's new

Kava Recipe Zero Calorie Kava Recipe.

D

Deleted User01

All this talk about food and diet got me to thinking about a zero calorie recipe. So I came up with this:

High and Low Kava Highball
.75 Tabs of MicronizedHonokane Iki Kava (high)
.75 Tabs of Micronized Mapulehu Kava (low).
Add Kava to about 3 oz of club soda and mix it up good. Don't forget to lick the spoon.
Add Ice to the Glass.
Squeeze some Lemon or Lime in there. I used Lemon this time but Lime is better.
Slowly Fill with ice cold club soda.
Stir occasionally.

This is as close to water as you can get but the club soda and lemon is very, very refreshing. When I say sippin, that means I took a good gulp to quench my thirst and kick off the Kava. Then I sit at the desk and sip and work. Sippin' allows the Kava to slip into your mind on little cat feet and slowly envelope your mind with its warm smoky presence. You keep sipping and you are steady as she goes. I borrowed cats feet from a well know poem. One more thing, I did not taste any Kava in my drink. How cool is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I sip kava on a regular basis. When it's mixed with something that curbs the bitterness, kava can be very enjoyable. Then again, I drink my coffee black and prefer dark ale over the pale stuff. I guess like anything it's an acquired taste. I'll definitely try this one. Kudos for sharing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I sip kava on a regular basis. When it's mixed with something that curbs the bitterness, kava can be very enjoyable. Then again, I drink my coffee black and prefer dark ale over the pale stuff. I guess like anything it's an acquired taste. I'll definitely try this one. Kudos for sharing ;)

I don't think it's possible to acquire a taste for kava.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
This sounds good Deleted User01. The kava doesn't settle at the bottom while you sip on it? Or do you have to stir it.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Yepi-mon, try sippin' after mixin', you'll come around. (sorry 'bout the anagram. It's how I say it every time I read your name). Drop the fire dude, drop the fire.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I found this thread by clicking on the little green tag "Kava Recipe". It showed me all the Kool recipes in this forum. It's "really neat"!!!! Oh.... And I meant this recipe too (is really neat).

D

Deleted User01

As the chief MIxologist here, I experimented with all kinds of stuff to mask the taste. I found that using Lemon or Lime did the best job. The theory is that you replace the bitterness of Kava with the bitterness of another substance which you like. I also had success with Pomagranete Molasses but that might be hard to find and it was a little pricey.

river

Kava Curious
Tried this one yesterday, and yes it is quite delicious(y).
And the zero calorie part is also nice...