What's new

Public Service Announcement From Kavasseur

D

Deleted User01

Maybe we can conjure him up by talking about @Deleted User behind his back. How about this, "beetle juice, beetle juice, kava juice". It would be really nice to hear the latest data on Kava. I know he spent a fortune on test equipment so he was damn serious about it. I think the end game is to educate the USDA and the Feds so we can give Kava his due. The Liver Scare in the 1990s set Kava back into the stone ages.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Did y'all ever determine whether VKS Marang-Marang was medicinal, stepped-on, or what?

Couple years ago I ordered a kilo from Andrew's place in North Carolina. In the order comments section, I asked why they were claiming as "noble" a cultivar that the 2002 Kava Act lists as "medicinal" and "not for export."

Marang never messed me up near as much as Chief's Jungle or straight ISA. Sometimes I wonder if the stuff is simply medicinal and that's how it feels. If that the case though, why falsely claim that it's noble? Especially when we have acetone tests to back up what the 2002 Kava Act already was claiming?

D

Deleted User01

You check out the True Kava Web Site and see if there are any results there. Maybe you can send them/Deleted User an email and see what they/he says. True Kava has all the equipment to test kava and he was testing every sample sent to him. Now when you say "medicinal" is that code for "ceremonial" or perhaps "tudei".

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well, to be fair it doesn't seem like there is really anyone to fight about it with anymore.
I get the whole Tudei vs Noble argument, I read that thread where pretty much everyone sided with Deleted User. I understand The majority of this community think Noble is better over tudei and I don't disagree. At the end of the day however, I think any kava drinker should have the option to choose what he/she wants to consume, regardless what the almighty @Deleted User seems to think.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well, I think it's safe to say that Tudei Kava should probably not be sold, demanded, or consumed. I do think the fact that there are "unknowns" about its safety and legality at the source (exporting countries) are reason enough to let it be and have a Noble-only Kava culture.

@Deleted User @Henry @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava @Kapmcrunk @Steve @CactusKava @Kalm with Kava
Is this like when Darth Vader was with Luke Skywalker and he changed from the dark side back to the good side? :happy:

verticity

I'm interested in things
I get the whole Tudei vs Noble argument, I read that thread where pretty much everyone sided with Deleted User. I understand The majority of this community think Noble is better over tudei and I don't disagree. At the end of the day however, I think any kava drinker should have the option to choose what he/she wants to consume, regardless what the almighty @Deleted User seems to think.
What @Deleted User or any of us thinks is actually not relevant. The kava exporting countries themselves are taking it upon themselves to ban tudei exports, in order to keep markets open for kava. If anyone seriously thinks that is a bad idea, they need to take it up with the governments of those countries. I do think it is unfortunate that as a result of that, which is basically just a strategic political decision, it will be harder for the small number of tudei enthusiasts to find tudei kava. However I have to side with countries like Vanuatu and Fiji, who are trying to do what is in their best interest.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
What @Deleted User or any of us thinks is actually not relevant. The kava exporting countries themselves are taking it upon themselves to ban tudei exports, in order to keep markets open for kava. If anyone seriously thinks that is a bad idea, they need to take it up with the governments of those countries. I do think it is unfortunate that as a result of that, which is basically just a strategic political decision, it will be harder for the small number of tudei enthusiasts to find tudei kava. However I have to side with countries like Vanuatu and Fiji, who are trying to do what is in their best interest.
I understand that as well, when it becomes illegal or unavailable in this country, I will stop consuming it. Till then, since I am a big boy, I will decide what to drink.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Other drugs are illegal in this country, people have always found a way to get them, it would be weird to have a "kava dealer" for my tudei, lol. Just saying...

verticity

I'm interested in things
Other drugs are illegal in this country, people have always found a way to get them, it would be weird to have a "kava dealer" for my tudei, lol. Just saying...
Yeah, if there is a market for it, people will find a way to get it, whether it is legal or not... But read some of the stories from the Northern Territory of Australia, where all kava actually is illegal. They read like retarded "police beat" stories..

D

Deleted User01

"However I have to side with countries like Vanuatu and Fiji, who are trying to do what is in their best interest." @verticity This is critical underpinning in my change of opinion.
We know Tudei is more dangerous than Noble Kava. We know Tudei has the potential to make the USDA and others ban kava. Then of course the economic argument. There is just no logical reason to support Tudei except to say "Free Country" to people who elect to use it anyway. I know this is risky but I'm going to defend @Kavasseur in one respect and for his past opinions on Tudei. Yes indeed, many people can take Tudei and it ain't gonna kill them. Moderation in everything and you will be fine. But my fear has always been that Tudei and it's reputation may tarnish the image of Kava in the eyes of the world wide regulatory agencies and we can't afford to aggravate them since they are still reciting the liver scare of the 1990s. And here is the bottom line, when I look at all the killer kavas being sold by the vendors in this forum, I just can't justify even considering Tudei. But I understand those who do it for "shits and grins". Totally understand that. Yeah, you know who you are, the guys living in a van by the river. :LOL:
P.S. And I didn't mean to make fun of people living in a van by the river because of economic hardship (as opposed to poor decision making). I totally respect your right to live there and I hope things get better for you unless of course you are addicted to fishing. In that case, I'll be there shortly. :D

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
My position on Tudei has developed from being ambivalent about it, to defending it, and to now believing that it is better to tout the "Noble Only" cause until the evidence clears up. The fact that the countries who export Kava have banned Tudei from being exported gives me an ethical obligation to try my best to honor their intentions. If I continue to advocate for the use of Tudei, I could inadvertently be supporting a black market or dishonest practices. I don't want to do that..

So while my video was a joke about Donald Trump, it was otherwise completely honest of where I stand (though I don't have the authority to enforce a Tudei ban).

Oh, and Tudei and Islam have nothing in common. Just in case you needed me to clear that up ;)

verticity

I'm interested in things
We'll make Vanuatu and Fiji pay for the floating wall in the Pacific Ocean. But they are poor countries you say? They have no interest in paying for a wall, you say? But, we will make them pay anyway, because we are the greatest country in the world. "Nice archipelago you have here," we'll say to them, "it would be a real shame if something happened to it." "Look," we'll say to them, "Bikini Atoll didn't want to pay for the wall. Do you remember Bikini Atoll? It was a nice atoll. Real shame what happened to it."