What's new

What's the difference between borugu and boroguru

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
Borogu tastes gross, and is strong! They are both heavy kavas. The effects of borogu are not as good as boroguru, but each to his own. Boroguru is smooth, nice and calm. Borogu is relaxing, numbing and... rough? (it's hard to describe these things). When I make boroguru I put in about 3 times as much kava as borogu. I think I might be straining wrong, but it works for every other kava so... Whenever I make borogu I know I'm going to get krunk, it has made love the smell of it's grossness :)

I once gave borogu to a friend. I made it extra potent so he didn't have to drink the nasty stuff. It was thick, but not too thick. It had yellow bubbles. I could only transport the kava in a water bottle, so I told him to drink about half an inch... at first I thought he drank almost nothing. He said "I think that was radioactive sludge," so I didn't nudge him any more. Well I think he drank more than that. We started to watch some TV with another friend, Freddy, shortly after. 10 minutes later Freddy and me "hey lets actually do something tonight." The guy was totally passed out. He was sleep deprived though. Freddy and I wake him up and ask him how he feels. He was the kind of person to just fall asleep, so we weren't concerned. He replies "Nothing... absolutely nothing."

I say "really?"

He says "my mind does not exist. I feel nothing." Me and freddy start cracking up like never before hahahaha!

I wish I felt kava like that my first time lol!

Borogu-246531

Boroguru-245613

http://store.bulakavahous.../4509882-kava-chemotypes

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
That's incredibly helpful. Thanks.

I haven't really paid much attention to these chemotype numbers before, but this is really quite valuable info. Its interesting that DHM seems to, colloquially, be the "opposite" of a kavain kava on the board here. These kava's are actually highest in DHK. Good to know.

I ordered a pound of each, as well as fu'u and melo melo. I look forward to sampling them.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Man that makes me want a shell of Boroguru right now.(smiley: frown) Oh the memories....*hugs myself* (smiley: tired)
(smiley: laugh)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Most of our customers report Boroguru to be felt more physically, which makes sense due to the relatively high level of DHM. Both are "noble" Vanuatu kavas with the Borogu growing mainly on Pentecost Island (same kava that was mentioned on my most recent blog found at bulakavahouse.com), and Boroguru growing on Ambrym. Borogu is extremely popular in Vanuatu, definitely the most commonly drank kava there. Boroguru, also known by some Ni-Vanuatu as Borogoru, is also popular but isn't grown as much as Borogu. Kava drinkers in Vanuatu (basically all men) don't drink "tudei" kava on a regular basis, they prefer everyday drinking kavas. Technically there are only a handful of strains that can legally be exported from Vanuatu and none of those are tudei. If a vendor is selling a kava from Vanuatu that they are calling a tudei it was either sneaked by the authorities as a different type of kava, (probably not all that hard to do) or is actually a very strong version of a noble everyday drinking kava.