What's new

Feeling dumb day after kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noname

I've looked all over Internet on kava studies.. No reports of brain damage. I have a weak liver and day after kava I feel dumb and mentally sluggish etc so I'm guessing kava is not directly affecting my brain but it's affecting liver and then weak liver affects brain ??? Milk thistle with the "hangover" what you guys think ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Your system probably just hasn't had time to clear itself of kavalactones. If your liver has any issues, and processes more slowly, that could directly cause it.

N

Noname

Man I really wanna fornicate with kava <33333... Are you sure it doesn't cause brain damage or any other shit I should be worried about ? Did enuff brain damage in high school -_-

N

Noname

I'm not here to bash on kava but I seriously feel dumb the next day just out of it.. Or am I just a black sheep when it comes to kava ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Man I really wanna fornicate with kava <33333... Are you sure it doesn't cause brain damage or any other shit I should be worried about ? Did enuff brain damage in high school -_-
Are you on any cholesterol reducers, or MAOIs? If not, then drink away. Kava has one of the most solid safety records, one very similar to another green herb that's enjoying a bit of freedom in the US currently (lets hope it stays that way).

Kava wont cause you any brain damage. I've literally met the smartest people I've ever had the pleasure of contacting over kava.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I mean to ask, what kava are you drinking that's causing this for you?

N

Noname

Are you on any cholesterol reducers, or MAOIs? If not, then drink away. Kava has one of the most solid safety records, one very similar to another green herb that's enjoying a bit of freedom in the US currently (lets hope it stays that way).

Kava wont cause you any brain damage. I've literally met the smartest people I've ever had the pleasure of contacting over kava.
No I'm not.. And ok thanks

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
According to there site they don't use stem ot leaves
That's good! You don't want stems or leaves, however there's a large part that they're not telling you. A vendor these days has their kavas tested at least for nobility. The fact that they're still using the adage "no stems and leaves" leads me to believe (with little doubt) that they're not up to speed on nobility testing.

It sounds like you've gotten your hands on a kava that's not "noble". What this means is that it can carry over into the next day, cause you to feel tired, and sluggish.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That's good! You don't want stems or leaves, however there's a large part that they're not telling you. A vendor these days has their kavas tested at least for nobility. The fact that they're still using the adage "no stems and leaves" leads me to believe (with little doubt) that they're not up to speed on nobility testing.

It sounds like you've gotten your hands on a kava that's not "noble". What this means is that it can carry over into the next day, cause you to feel tired, and sluggish.
To be fair though I can make myself sluggish and tired from a good session of noble kava. Never dumb though. Maybe a semantics thing? I have had days that I have thought I have been poisoned which may have been a tudei thing but who knows?

N

Noname

0_0 I see... I'll definitely get my hands on noble kava.. What brands do you recommend ? I wanna get blissed out relaxed euphoria you know all the good stuff lol

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
To be fair though I can make myself sluggish and tired from a good session of noble kava. Never dumb though. Maybe a semantics thing? I have had days that I have thought I have been poisoned which may have been a tudei thing but who knows?
True true. That's definitely fair. Drinking a gallon (or just an excessive amount) of 100% noble kava before bed would leave you feeling quite numb and disconnected the next morning, for sure.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
0_0 I see... I'll definitely get my hands on noble kava.. What brands do you recommend ? I wanna get blissed out relaxed euphoria you know all the good stuff lol
(Copied from my other post, but these are great vendors with some solid sampling options)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava - My suggestion is the micronized sampler

Kalm with Kava - Suggestion is the micronized samplers as well

Bula Kava House - They don't currently have a micronized sampler, but the medium grind sample pack is awesome. It'll help you discover which kava you like the most.

N

Noname

I think I've had Tudei before pretty dam blissful and amazing but next day you feel like complete opposite of that lol.And yes man definitely semantics things it's like everything is ok just in slow motion and foggy hazy disconnected and words kinda slow down a little

Status
Not open for further replies.