What's new

Feeling dumb day after kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
0_0 I see... I'll definitely get my hands on noble kava.. What brands do you recommend ? I wanna get blissed out relaxed euphoria you know all the good stuff lol
A kava not often suggested but is great for euphoria is vanuatu waka from realkava.com. it's really awesome stuff.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I think I've had Tudei before pretty dam blissful and amazing but next day you feel like complete opposite of that lol.And yes man definitely semantics things it's like everything is ok just in slow motion and foggy hazy disconnected and words kinda slow down a little
Classic Tudei. I drank it for nearly a solid year (this was before we knew it was bad) because I just figured "Hey, stronger = better". My skin split, bled, I had trouble sleeping, and when I did sleep I had HORRENDOUS troubles waking up. It was like I was walking through jello and my brain took extra seconds to process anything. I woke up one morning to see my sheets stained in a tiger pattern with the blood from my back. That was the morning I knew I had to do something different. I switched to 100% noble kava and have had none of those bad side effects. Tudei is a weird one, because it wont necessarily let you know you're doing something wrong until you've been drinking it for a little bit of time.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Classic Tudei. I drank it for nearly a solid year (this was before we knew it was bad) because I just figured "Hey, stronger = better". My skin split, bled, I had trouble sleeping, and when I did sleep I had HORRENDOUS troubles waking up. It was like I was walking through jello and my brain took extra seconds to process anything. I woke up one morning to see my sheets stained in a tiger pattern with the blood from my back. That was the morning I knew I had to do something different. I switched to 100% noble kava and have had none of those bad side effects. Tudei is a weird one, because it wont necessarily let you know you're doing something wrong until you've been drinking it for a little bit of time.
Given that option I may have stuck to alcohol! ;)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Edward lol, no joke. If that says anything it says "You're stubborn". I thought for sure it was just cancer or something and couldn't be the kava. It was the kava...tudei kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward lol, no joke. If that says anything it says "You're stubborn". I thought for sure it was just cancer or something and couldn't be the kava. It was the kava...tudei kava
We'll you're the guy we need to thank for at least a few thousand people knowing what they are drinking now... a pioneer so to speak so er, thank you! :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
We'll you're the guy we need to thank for at least a few thousand people knowing what they are drinking now... a pioneer so to speak so er, thank you! :)
As much as I'd love to revel in the credit, it really belongs to Garry from TrueKava. He really cracked it, and my skin, sleep, and bedsheets thank him profusely. @Deleted User

Jerome

Kava Lover
I didn't see anyone mention dehydration. Moderate dehydration can cause some mental confusion. When I'm dehydrated I know my brain doesn't work nearly as well. And kava is often times the culprit.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That's a scary thought and I find interesting how we (I as well) blame the kava all the time, first. The reality is good noble kava is the least of our problems almost all of the times :)

Last edited:

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
I've looked all over Internet on kava studies.. No reports of brain damage. I have a weak liver and day after kava I feel dumb and mentally sluggish etc so I'm guessing kava is not directly affecting my brain but it's affecting liver and then weak liver affects brain ??? Milk thistle with the "hangover" what you guys think ?
I feel the effects of heavy Kava the next day, especially if I drink a lot of it. If I drink a a bunch of stone, I'm kind of a space cadet for part of the next day whereas if I drink something like Cactus Loa Lawana, I feel totally normal.

Pouni Ono is great heady Kava, but Kalm with Kava is out of the regular grind. I don't do micronized at all because it makes me look like a piece of leather that's been layout out in the sun for a couple months. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.